Axis and Alllies additional questions

Original Axis & Allies 1984-2004
Heavy_Mechanized

Axis and Alllies additional questions

Post by Heavy_Mechanized » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Very nice job on the way you answer questions, here is another question, although I cannot think of many that need answering, here is one more, I am the Allies, Moscow falls to Germany, I, the UK, liberate Karelia, but Moscow is still in enemy hands, where in the rules does it specifically state how many units the UK can build in Karelia? I am assuming three, but that example is left out of the rules, there is talk of all kinds of placement/factories, but that particular example I could not find, it does state that new or captured industrial complexes have limited production, but not liberated, it would not be unreasonable to conclude that a liberated complex could be considered an original complex with unlimited production, the rules do not specifically state otherwise :roll:

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:15 am

Heavy_Mechanized wrote:Very nice job on the way you answer questions
Thanks.

Only original complexes, defined as "ones you started the game with", allow unlimited production (page 21). The word "you" in this definition refers to your individual nation, not your side, as evidenced by the statement "You CANNOT place your newly purchased units at an industrial comples owned by an ally" in the next paragraph. Since the UK didn't start the game with Karelia, it gets only limited production there.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Orions_Gate

Post by Orions_Gate » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:34 am

Yes, unless it is an original territory owned by your country, you can only produce whatever the IPC value is.

But..wait a sec. Please correct me if I'm wrong but ..since when can an Ally build units from another Ally's factory ? My understanding of the rules is that when an Ally liberates another Ally's territory, that territory reverts back to the original Ally's ownership, not the liberators, regardless of whether the original owner lost its capital or not. Also, Allies cannot share each others factory production. So UK should not be allowed to build on Karelia at all.
No?
~Orions_Gate~

" It is in our moments of decision that our destiny is shaped."

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 pm

If you liberate an ally´s territory and that ally´s capital is in enemy hands, you gain control of that territory until the capital is liberated.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok