Edition Clarification

Original Axis & Allies 1984-2004
DrFager

Re: Edition Clarification

Post by DrFager » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Krieghund wrote:I wouldn't consider any of them to be "dead", as many continue to play them all. The Anniversary Edition is the least "dead", as demands for reprints of it continue to be voiced. But yes, they are out of print.

Personally, I prefer 1942 out of all of the "base" game versions. However, the Anniversary Edition is my favorite game of all of the global ones released to date. Many others feel the same way, which accounts for the prices currently being commanded for it.
So your favorite is Anniversary, but you prefer 1942... interesting.

Since I nabbed an Anniversary Edition I hope it stays out of print! Though Im not sure what my game's value is since the dog ate a corner of the box minutes after I opened it the first time!

Let me ask you this, I have Revised, Anniversary and Classic, is 1942 worth the purchase beyond just to round out my collection? It kinda seems from afar that if you have the real cornerstones (Rev, Ann, Clas) 1942 might not be that integral in the grand scheme of things.

Krieghund

Re: Edition Clarification

Post by Krieghund » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm

If you like Anniversary, the only real reason to buy 1942 is to have a similar game that plays in a shorter time frame, or a "travel edition", if you will.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok