Simultaneous Battles.. Or Not?

Original Axis & Allies 1984-2004
adlertag

Re: A final word in closing

Post by adlertag » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:57 pm

BloodWasher wrote:It was NOT a thread regarding how the game should be played.

BloodWasher
Hello BloodWasher, I am the natural born Antagonist that you have always dreamt to face.

Did you do well in school ?
Not any problems about reading English, I suppose ?

First I want you to read the headline ;

HARRIS GAME DESIGN

then chew a bit on the last word GAME DESIGN. (Chew, chew, chew)

YES, my little red friend, you have arrived a GAME DESIGN FORUM where most of the members are genuin interressted in designing new games, not playing old games wich are taken out of production.
Leonardo daVinci said.."Everything can be improved", and by Teutatis, if Henry Ford was not a creative mind, you would had a brand new HORSE in your blood-coloured garage.

Larry sure tryed to improve his great game with Revised 3 ed., but to my opinion failed, so I must do what the Beatles called "-get him by with a little bit of help."

Artillery should cost 12 IPC and barrage infantry stacks in Opening Fire phase with one dice roll to each matching infantry unit, and every 1 is a hit, the same way that AA-guns work.

Tanks should cost 6 IPC, attack on 3 and defend on 3.
Infantry should cost 4 IPC, attack on 1 and defend on 3.
Now Tanks is the best buy for attacks and Infantry is the best buy for defense, just like in real ww2, wich this game try to models, both for education, memorial and entertainment.

Naval units are too freakin expansive.
Destroyer cost 8
Sub cost 6
Trranny cost 12 and cargo 3 land units of any type.
Carrier cost 16 but only ONE fighter.

If I want to conquer neutrals, then I should be allowed.

This A&A games dont model the convoy-war, you know that sub versus commerce trade routes, also known as Battle of Atlantic. Really mr. Blood, should I be SATISFIED with that ? Hell no.

This miserable game need IPC income from 3 different sources:
1. Territories (the traditional way)
2. Ports ( reflect international trade with neutrals)
3. Sea-zones (wet-territories, represent trade routes )
This will model the Total War Economy.

Also I want a bigger map where land looks like land and sea looks like sea, not like Revised with its black metan oceans.

To get all this, my blood-soucking friend (if you are still with me ), we need the great creative mind of Larry to make A&A Advanced, with 3 new unit types and trays with set-up on lid and platina something (ask IL about this), and then when this product hit the basements, just who will stick to the obsolete games ?
Tell me that.

Blood on you too !

Enough.

BloodWasher

Ok, one last word

Post by BloodWasher » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:13 pm

YES, my little red friend, you have arrived a GAME DESIGN FORUM
The original question had nothing to do with design. It was posted as a question to Larry regarding the interpretation of the printed 2nd ed rules. The only reason Saburo brought it here (it was originally posted at AAMC) was to get Larry's input, and Larry's alone. The rest of you just jumped in.
Larry sure tryed to improve his great game with Revised 3 ed., but to my opinion failed, so I must do what the Beatles called "-get him by with a little bit of help."

I agreed that 2nd ed could use improvement, and that individual players are a great resource for new ideas.

As for the rest of your rant...I am not sure what you are trying say. I had previously agreed that we needed improvement in the game.
when this product hit the basements, just who will stick to the obsolete games ?
The PBEM clubs also play A&A Revised, so it is not like we don't support the new game. But we do continue to offer 2nd ed A&A as there is great demand for it within the clubs.

Blood

adlertag

Re: Ok, one last word

Post by adlertag » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:16 pm

BloodWasher wrote:The only reason Saburo brought it here (it was originally posted at AAMC) was to get Larry's input, and Larry's alone. The rest of you just jumped in.

Blood
Dear mr. Blood.

If you only want Larry's input, and Larry's alone, you really should try to E-mail him or send a private message.
You posted your opinion in an internett message board , and stack your neck out so anybody who wanted to could chap it off.
You just walked down a dark alley and looks surpriced because you was mugged. What planet did you just drop down from ?

Hope you was satisfyed by the massiv public response and that this incident did not scare you, but rather enhanged your future gaming..

Regards x 3

BloodWasher

Post by BloodWasher » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:49 pm

If you only want Larry's input, and Larry's alone, you really should try to E-mail him or send a private message.
Agree 100%. But remember, I didn't post the original message, so don't blame me that it ended up on this board.
Hope you was satisfyed by the massiv public response
I think only you and GROGnads responded, and I would hardly call that 'massive'.
You just walked down a dark alley and looks surpriced because you was mugged. What planet did you just drop down from ?
Hardly surprised. I know the creatures that inhabit these dark alleys, I have been walking them for years. And, umm, when did the mugging occur? I must have missed it.

And no, I am far from scared and will continue gaming...but thanks for you concern.

Blood

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:26 pm

Eagle... do i have to allways walk in after you with a big stick after you have terrorized the locals with your twisted logic. Give the kid a break. I sure he wants diamond studded platinum electronically climate controlled axis and allies piece boxes with the national logos right on the top of the box with electric drawers that have sensors so they can open after you have lost units in battle syncronized to open the exact moment you toss the destroyed units in the box. he and i as well as you want this, but..... the method that your pushing for this isnt contructive. Its quite funny at times but that guy is right he was making different points and you treated him like "old soldier" who got kicked around so much he never came back to the forum. We cant keep losing customers like this or we will have to cut your sales bonus...
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:22 pm

BloodWasher wrote:I have been walking dark alleys for years.

Blood
Hey, are you homeless ?

And how does this affect your play ?

SUBS HAVE FIRST SHOT CAPABILITY.
When we played MB 2ed, we always rolled subs dice and assigned its casualty long before the other units.
What good is a First Shot capability when you read the rules in your twisted way ?
This sucks x 3.

FYI- I miss the MB 2ed map, its water looked like water, and the land territories was beautiful art. Then came AH Revised, with black water and artillery that only make bigger infantry stacks, and best of all, a new sub-stall debate.
Our only hope is A&A Advanced, with :
*IPC-income from Territories, Ports and Sea-zones.
*Infantrry cost 4, att. on 1/def. on 3 + Tanks cost 6, att. on 3 /def. on 3.
(Now infantry is best buy for defense and Tanks are best buy for attacks)
*Artillery cost 12 and barrage Infantry stacks in the same way as AA-guns.
*Sub cost 6, Destroyer cost 8, Tranny cost 12 and cargo 3 land units.
*Aircrafts may pick casualties.
*ENR + SBR with intercepting fighters.

But what happened.
A&A Minis happened.
Was we backstabbed ?

GROGnads

Post by GROGnads » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:45 pm

To get things BACK upon the 'topic' that was first broached, then it would have made everything a whole lot simpler had there been made mention about "assigning HITS" once ALL 'firings' were conducted as I'd mentioned before, except where "First Shot", etc. were involved. I'm not certain just how "Offshore Bombardments" may have changed from its original purpose, i.e."HITS" being TAKEN now, where before this was 'assigned' and once ALL other "Firings" are performed, THEN the "casualties" were derived. That allowed the "HIT" piece(s) to be able to "FIRE" back, before being lost. In the case of SUBs taking their "Sneak Attack Shot", then usually ONLY the 'Attacker' had this ability. I don't see why any 'Defender' SUBs shouldn't have been able to "First Fire" also, thus having BOTH players conduct their "SUB Shots" simultaneously. If this were to become the 'case', then it could be known as "SUB Shots" with ALL of them taking place at the same instance, and also resolving their "HITS" then. That certainly would have cleared matters UP, from what was being first postulated in the given 'example'.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:33 pm

hEY gRog? EVERYTIME I call you your phone it has some "static" going on and then it hangs up on me... yikes!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.