Anyone with info on sculpts?

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
timerover51

Re: Anyone with info on sculpts?

Post by timerover51 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Alisdar wrote:Why pick the USS Wasp as the carrier? It was one of its class and a make uo in treaty tonnage at that. Yorktown (3 ships) or Essex (24) would have a better pick.

I do not use the P-38 on carriesrs. I use the Hellcats from old pacific and Guadacanal games instead.
I have raided my two 1st Edition Pacific games for Hellcats, along with my two Guadalcanal games. I do use the P-38 for the land-based fighter in the Guadalcanal game, but may also start using the Corsairs that I have purchased from Historical Board Gaming.

I agree with you with respect to using the Wasp, as it was a one-off design. It is hard to say anything about the Japanese carrier choice, as the only real class that they had was the two ship Zuikaku class. All of the other big Fleet Carriers were different. They did have the Hiyo-class of two converted while building passenger liners, the Hiyo and the Junyo.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

I always thought the american carrier should have been the yorktown or enterprise. and the choice of akagi from '41 was great
Behold the Power of Yavid

ChristophfromGermany

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:52 am

@Krieghund
Could you please add the units of 1942 SE and 1941 into your detailed lists at the beginning of this thread. That would be perfect.

By the way: There is a minor fault in the list for the US: The Hellcat was the F6, while F4 was dubbed Wildcat.

@Imperious Leader: I totally agree with everything you said about the P-38. Fortunately I can use the F6 Hellcats and the P40s of 1941 edition for my precious AA50 and AA1942SE games.
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:18 pm

ChristophfromGermany wrote:@Krieghund
Could you please add the units of 1942 SE and 1941 into your detailed lists at the beginning of this thread. That would be perfect.
Done.
ChristophfromGermany wrote:By the way: There is a minor fault in the list for the US: The Hellcat was the F6, while F4 was dubbed Wildcat.
Fixed.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

imemil

Post by imemil » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:27 am

NO I don't.

Dajokr

Post by Dajokr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 pm

@Krieghund

Thanks for the info! As a relatively new sculpt enthusiast, it has enabled me to build nation-specific sculpt inventories for use wherever possible. One question: I notice the info at the beginning of this topic lists artillery sculpts for AA41 -- am I missing something? Didn't think that game came with Artillery.

Thanks again!
D

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat May 27, 2017 7:24 am

Welcome, Dajokr!

You are correct, there are no artillery in AA41. However, at the time that I was originally compiling these lists the game was still in development, and at that point artillery were to be included. They were dropped later on, in the interest of simplifying the game.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok