Replacement Game Pieces

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
obiwanjohn

Replacement Game Pieces

Post by obiwanjohn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:55 am

Where can I get replacement A&A figures? I'd like more Japan Infantry and some spare units for my other games.

The A&A figures are not much different than the Army men I played with as a kid. You'd get a bag of a hundred men for a couple bucks. Could someone refer me to a website that sells Army men or even A&A replacements?

Thanks

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:30 am

Welcome, Obiwanjohn!

There isn't any place to get "official" A&A pieces (other than buying more games!). However, some on-line vendors, such as Xeno Games and Imp Games sell pieces that are very similar in size and appearance to the Classic A&A pieces at reasonable prices. They also come in a variety of colors.

You can also check ebay. People are always selling loose game parts there.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:09 pm

!
Last edited by pellulo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellulo

timerover51

Re: Replacement Game Pieces

Post by timerover51 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:33 pm

obiwanjohn wrote:Where can I get replacement A&A figures? I'd like more Japan Infantry and some spare units for my other games.

The A&A figures are not much different than the Army men I played with as a kid. You'd get a bag of a hundred men for a couple bucks. Could someone refer me to a website that sells Army men or even A&A replacements?

Thanks
Your other option would be to check out the Eagles Games website, and get sets of their Attack game land units in colors close to what you want since you are looking for infantry. The infantry are good, tanks not so hot, artillery are nice as they come in two size, if you want to do some customizing with antitank guns or light and heavy artillery. A unit runner costs you $3 per runner and you get quite of lot of units per runner.

http://www.eaglegames.net

GROGnads

For the Cheapest!

Post by GROGnads » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 am

I'd 2nd on the "Eagles" kinds, and especially their 'Artillery'! The TANK would 'make' a decent "2nd Rate" or 'Light' type, and the PLANES are 'funky'? There is also the costly *Option* with the 1:72nd 'scale' for "Troops", as these require huge amounts for the SAME 'kinds'! That does then also give you many NEW "types" with which to pick & choose other 'effects' with varying weaponry. I recollect with 'Airfix' and their "Afrika Korps" 'box' including a small calibre 'AT gun', while that weapon actually belonged more with their "Paratroopers". Late WAR "German Pioneers" even have that 'remote-controlled' DEMO-"charge" as an 'item'!
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Go to http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Links.aspx, for a great review on 1/72 armies, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

Johnson73

Post by Johnson73 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 pm

All those suggestions are great but there should be no reason on why someone can't buy extra parts thru the original game creator.

timerover51

Post by timerover51 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Johnson73 wrote:All those suggestions are great but there should be no reason on why someone can't buy extra parts thru the original game creator.
Hasbro is a TOY company, and TOY companies do not sell replacements for anything. They expect you to buy a another toy when your first one is broken.

Game companies sell replacement parts, knowing that sometimes pieces get lost, broken, or you want to expand the game.