Axis & Allies at GEN CON 2014

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
GSmorey

Axis & Allies at GEN CON 2014

Post by GSmorey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Axis & Allies Gamers,

A GEN CON Update: I know that 47 days may or may not seem like a long time away, but when one might say that it is only 7 weeks until GEN CON, one might start to get excited.

Intelligence Reports are coming in regarding the aerial photos taken the past few days over Indy. General Colt has requested those photos from Captain Jablonski. But the Captain reports, "I can't locate them, Sir." The General emphatically responds, "Hey, did you lose my aerial photographs?"

Now all kidding aside, based on the GEN CON site Intel, Axis & Allies events are beginning to sell out. So, if you have not been to the GEN CON site recently, and are interested in certain events, please do so, soon. Search all my events under "SmoreySwamp."

I have also posted this information on the SmoreySwamp at: headlesshorseman2.com Click on the GEN CON link on the left.

Specifics regarding certain events. The AA50 tournament is sold out! :cry: That means all 16 seats have been taken. But, please do not let that deter you from pressing on and joining in on the event. We will work something out as we always do...

One other small but major change I have been working on for GEN CON is to provide games for all events (except AA50) so that you, the player don't have to drag around all those game boards. Now, if anyone would like to contact me regarding a particular game and you have room and no problem bringing a game for us to use this year, please let me know so we can coordinate our efforts. (ex. of games that we could use for this year: 1914, AA50, 1942 2nd Ed. and G42. I will have serveral copies for you to use, but if we get in a pinch, having an extra copy or two will help.) Thanks for understanding.

Also, if anyone has any extra, used versions of any AA game that is just collecting dust and you wouldn't mind parting with them as a donation to our AA library, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Games in particular and that are out of print and I can not longer get from WotC: D-Day, Guadalcanal, Bulge, Revised and Classic 2nd Ed. Based on our needs, I might need 1 of each?

Another report hot off the wire, there will not be a 30th Anniversary Ed. game released this year at GEN CON, the good news is that I believe the prizes for the 30th Anniversary Tournament are going to be fairly awesome. Not that past awards haven't been for most of the AA tournament events I run, (based on your comments in the past) but this one might be at the top of the hill?

Also, see aerial reconnaissance of the AAHQ location for 2014. Just a few 100' behind the bunker where we were last year. Coming in from the northern flank doors of the Hall might be much easier access to our HQ.

That is it for now. Any questions, fire away...until next time.

Peace,
Gregory J. Smorey
SmoreySwamp Axis & Allies Gamers
Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins/Spring Gathering
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com

“Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy..” - General Patton

Gregory J. Smorey – EO/GM
SmoreySwamp: Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM: GEN CON, ORIGINS, Spring Gathering
Web: headlesshorseman2.com

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.