New Weapons

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
Patchaman123

New Weapons

Post by Patchaman123 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Dear Larry,
I was thinking of adding new weapons to the game, such as machine guns.

The machine guns would provide a defensive/offensive edge to the soldiers on the battle board, as they did in real life.
The machine guns would able to shoot down aircraft and a machine gun like artillery would boost the infantry's attack to a 2 or less. The machine gun would make it so that the infantry can only shoot at airplanes with one of them present. The machine gun would boost defensive capabilities at 2 or less. How would you propose adding machine guns to recreate realistic combat?

In future versions of Axis and Allies, machine guns in my opinion should be added to increase the attack and defensive capabilities of infantry and be a sidekick to infantry because even with artillery, the infantry still roll at one. I was thinking of bringing a machine gun along and boosting the infantry like artillery. It would help them greatly and win battles. It would consist of an infantry armed with a machine gun.

In World War II,
infantry could shoot at airplanes, but a Mauser K98 or any other service rifle, could not bring down a P-47 Thunderbolt or any other airplane in the engine. A plane could and did take a hit from a rifle bullet and survive.

In other words,
an airplane could sustain a hit from a rifle bullet. This somehow puzzles me that infantry can down planes in the game. The average G.I. Joe could not down a plane with a rifle, an automatic rifle maybe.

A Lee-Enfield or M-1 Garand could not do the same. I was thinking, why not add machine guns to the game? A Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) could do it and did do it. A machine gun infantry should be added to the game to increase firepower among soldiers. It would give the attacker more of a boost.

So what's with all this Napoleonic-style attack one territory style of warfare moving one territory stuff?

The machine gun would make mobile war in Axis & Allies more of a reality. The machine gun would be a guy armed with a machine gun.

The U.S. player would get an
M-2 .50 caliber machine gun.
Germany MG-34.
United Kingdom Vickers .303.
Japan Type 92 machine gun.
Soviet Union DShK machine gun.
800px-Mg_34.jpg
A picture of the MG-34 machine gun.
800px-Mg_34.jpg (82.63 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
Japanese_Type_92_Heavy_Machine_Gun.gif
The Japanese Type 92 machine gun.
Japanese_Type_92_Heavy_Machine_Gun.gif (17.06 KiB) Viewed 4683 times

elbowmaster

Re: New Weapons

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:38 pm

This sounds like it would work in a AAM type setting. A platoon like game where you could role for your arms of each troop in your squad. I am thinking on the lines of AMBUSH. This idea would be good for a solitaire type A&A game or an online version but I do not see how it would work in a global or Europe of Pacific theatre game.

Patchaman123

Post by Patchaman123 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:55 pm

elbowmaster wrote:This sounds like it would work in a AAM type setting. A platoon like game where you could role for your arms of each troop in your squad. I am thinking on the lines of AMBUSH. This idea would be good for a solitaire type A&A game or an online version but I do not see how it would work in a global or Europe of Pacific theatre game.
They already exist in AAM. It might work because it woule be a small plastic piece about the size of infantry. It would do some good. Think about it.

morganz

Post by morganz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Can you add using a brass knuckles or a knife?

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks... no thanks

robdunbar69

Post by robdunbar69 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:39 am

I stil vote to add us.PT boats,japan gunboats,german E~boats u.k. aux.torpedo boats these can be the expendable's and would stop the sub stalling tactics ?
Use it up,or wear it out,make it do,or do without