how to post avatars at harris game design

Do you have something in mind -Let's hear it.
elbowmaster

how to post avatars at harris game design

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:31 am

hello everyone!!

im trying to compile a library of avatars for you to use if your so inclined...

currently this is in somewhat a test stage...not all the avatars ive found work here, so i will be weeding them out and adding to the selection as well...if there is another avatar not on the list, feel free to email it to me and we'll see what we can do...

enjoy!!
Last edited by elbowmaster on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:20 am

Can you make some german generals? for me and adlertag... we would like that
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

Well I don't MEAN to sound 'ungrateful' but...

Post by GROGnads » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:30 am

Is there any WAY that a dedicated 'Avatar' features FOLDER could be accessed from your OWN 'site'? In this 'fashion', then at OTHER's 'sites', we could then 'create' and obtain ONE from there? I was thinking that IF we had a 'personal folder' in which only WE are able to SEND and then 'get' one from this, it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to 'upload' HERE and at others, with NO 'success' as of yet! Thanks in advance for your 'considerations' in this regard!
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:43 am

there seems to be limitations on "how" to post avatars here, its either an administator feature that only the administrator can enable...

or

its the version of message board being used, its not as fancy shmancy as the ah site...

Il, for sure will look for them, they have to be small !!

remember, if you have an existing avatar thats not displaying now, ie little white box with the red x, you must clear that picture, then select as the instructions show... 8)

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:00 pm

yes, and please note, those avatars not "displaying" correctly on the avatar selection page, are actually animated... 8)

elbowmaster

re: note from ddeo about avatars

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:19 pm

ddeo wrote: Hi Elbow,

As for Avatars, I am somewhat limited on server space and a little paranoid to allow Avatar uploads. I will think about unlocking this feature in the future or at least providing a gallery of avatars that people can choose from.
i can completely understand the upload virus thing...
no problems with posting from links to other sites, and the size limitation has been increased from the default, as noticed during some testing...before, this board would only allow .gif at a 6k size, now seems as if animations, .jpg, and other images work as avatars... 8)

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:08 pm

I went into FAQ and this is what I found:

"How do I show an image below my username?
There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums..."

Ive never seen these rank images...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Dagon81 wrote:
Ive never seen these rank images...
That option has obviously been "turned off" for some unknown reason or is perhaps not really an option for this version of message board...

EM