AA50 Quantity produced

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
TheoMav

AA50 Quantity produced

Post by TheoMav » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Hello everyone out there! I have been on this forum many times & have always wanted to ask but never did. So here it goes
Does anyone actually know how many AA50 copies were printed? Larry? Krieghund?
I have seen the figure 300 on a post but that seems strangely low.
Thanking you kindly in advance!

Theo!

elbowsanchez

Re: AA50 Quantity produced

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:08 am

Yeah that seems way too low. Someone is selling a copy on eBay for 1000 bucks!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Pretty good return on investment.
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Only the publisher would be allowed to release that number.

nexus73

Post by nexus73 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 pm

I know I had one of X amount of them! Lots of extra pieces were added from other A&A games along with some from other manufacturers. Italy finally had a nice pile of pieces...LOL! Europe was still too crowded for my taste though. The big board needed to be bigger, otherwise I had no complaints.

When I went into amateur radio four years ago, I sold my copy along with all the goodies for around $250. No one was around these parts to play with, sorry to say. At least I can get someone to yak with on the other end of the radio signal...LOL!

So let's play an "order of magnitude" game to guess how many were made.

I'll figure 1000 for the order of magnitude. 10K would mean a ton more would be on the secondary market. 100 would mean so few people had the game as to make it more of a legend. Double that 1000 and that would seem to be the number which would result in the current market as close to an upper limit.

Anyone else got a better method for guessing? Or better yet, did anyone ever buy a case of these? Mage Knight used to say on their case the number of them in the production run for each of the sets.

Rick
Bad dice happen. Blame the Russians...LOL!