Next axis and allies

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Flashman

Re: Next axis and allies

Post by Flashman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm

IL, I have that book - it is inspirational!

But how could A&A 1861 be radically different from the many others out there, notably Eagle Games?

Probably the contested areas from 1914, and (obviously) more dynamic rail movement.

Also, are you talking about a tactical rather than strategic game, or something that tries to simulate both?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 pm

The whole war

It is classic Axis and Allies.

Federals have greater economic might

Confederates have quality forces and a temporary military advantage.

It's a race to catch up, win early, and avoid a war of attrition.

It will sell. No brainer in my book.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Imperious,
I hope you don't take this wrong, but back on July 17th you said you predicted previous games Larry has done and said Larry was now working on a Civil War game saying:

"I just feel it based on intuition."

Now you say something about seeing the notes in the folder? I'm confused. Can you explain what you mean or meant? I would love a Civil War game (and would ask my wife to postpone her retirement for a month to be able to afford it).
Thanks for all of your interesting threads.
Pete

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:54 pm

I also said before that...that i can't say more.

To explain would be really be saying more.

I'm satisfied to just wait till it happens.

It is not only intuition BTW.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 am

You know nothing, John Snow.

If Larry says that the next project is a COTE re-imagining, I tend to believe him rather than your schizoid fantasies.

Incidentally, if the inflation mechanic is to be used to its full logical conclusion it really should be "Fall of the Empire" rather than "Conquest".

Pioneero

Post by Pioneero » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 am

There is a popular sports journalism trend (at least in Spain) that consists in giving every day thousands of possible soccer transfers. Then, when any of them becomes real, they take the full credit: "as we said". Of course it happened because they said so. If they give thousands every day, how can't they get at least one right?

And yet, to be more on topic, I like the idea of reviving CotE. If WotC doesn't want to publish it, Larry can always name it A&A 160 A.D. (date just an example) to convince them.

(American, otherwise brainer in the book) Civil War would be great too if he somehow adapts it to A&A style. There might be people that even use Battle Cry to run the battles. As much as I'd like to see other Civil Wars under the A&A mechanisms, there's no way.

A&A 1939, I don't see it even in the future (I state publicly that this is solely based on intuition). Maybe there are more chances of a 2nd 1914 than this. The public roars for it to happen.

GoSanchez6

Post by GoSanchez6 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Would love a medieval style AA or Rome VS Carthage would be freakin awesome. Persia vs The Greek City States would totally rock as well. I still would like a 1914 advanced version with a few more unit types and maybe include Bulgaria and Romania as participating with an economy. Might be too hard to do though. I personally liked the Eagle version of COTE. If Larry does it again with some upgrades I'm sure I will purchase it. Napoleonic I still believe would be the best for the AA system. Multiple players, teamwork with a few different start dates. Oh yeah and a hell of a lot fun.

sfcdodge65

Post by sfcdodge65 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Civil War era sounds really good. Any plans for a Napoleonic era?