What should Larry's American Civil War game be like?

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Imperious leader

Re: What should Larry's American Civil War game be like?

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 pm

But that makes playing the South really unglamorous. It becomes a delay action without incentive to invade the North since victory does not follow.

More reading would be needed to see what goals would be for Lee if he won Gettysburg, might give indication of what we could make for the South.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:57 am

Lol Gettysburg was about shoes of all things. Lee went North to raid military supplies mainly shoes
Behold the Power of Yavid

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Lee did seriously threaten Washington, but only because McClellan sat on his ass most of the time.

Perhaps it all comes down to Northern morale; suffer enough defeats and lose enough tt and they quit the war. This gives the South plenty of incentive to invade the North even though they can never win a long term war of attrition.

Is this so different from the "window of opportunity" given the Axis in WWII versions?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 pm

When the South wins a battle they roll a D6 and index a track that contains some indication of resolve for the North to continue the war. If it drops below X the north sues for peace or something.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Imperious leader wrote:He's working on it. Just like the WW1 game when i called that about 3 years ago.

I think he reads the ideas and if he likes them follows thru with them at some point.

I can't say when it's coming out perhaps next year or 2015
So the conversation isn't a "the game is coming, the game is coming" more of a "if we talk about it, they will build it." The second one works better if you say it in your head in a "Field of Dreams" kind of way

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am

Well it's more like: It happened before and will happen again type of thing.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 am

Imperious leader wrote:Well it's more like: It happened before and will happen again type of thing.
Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Pioneero

Post by Pioneero » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 am

Imperious leader wrote:Well it's more like: It happened before and will happen again type of thing.
I already told this before. Very sports journalism-like. Tell hundreds of transfers (possible A&A games) each year and, of course, statistically you'll get at least one right and will take full credit for it.

Sorry, but it doesn't sound too right to me.