Upcoming Games

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
AC

Re: Upcoming Games

Post by AC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Just do Stalingrad already pleeeeeaaaaaassssse larry!!!! Read Anthony Beevor's book on Stalingrad for knowledge and inspiration.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm

For future games of WWII: Battle for Moscow, Stalingrad, and, destruction of Army Group B, Battle of Impala(BIC theater of war). The first two can borrow from Fortress America/Bulge Game where you have say, 8 rounds to take those cities.

WWI: Pure Sea Battle of Jutland, Verdun(with maybe cutups cardboard tile setups of the forts, to show battle damage), any type of WWI minis. Again the Verdun game could have so many rounds to it.

I am not ignoring any setups with US forces, but, you have allot of battles where they were not involved. Thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

Caractacus

Post by Caractacus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:49 pm

pellulo wrote:Battle of Impala(BIC theater of war).
Do you mean Imphal (and Kohima)?
Caractacus.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Sure, what ever makes it more interesting, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

AC

Post by AC » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 am

Let's not muddy the waters here. We all want an eastern front axis and allies game surely. Not taking anything away from Imphal and Kohima obviously but I can't really see that selling. Not as much public interest even though it marked a more than significant Japanese defeat. Stalingrad on the other hand essentially decided the entire European theatre. Battles like Tobruk, etc were sideshows compared to the war between Hitler and Stalin.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:48 am

AC wrote:Let's not muddy the waters here. We all want an eastern front axis and allies game surely. Not taking anything away from Imphal and Kohima obviously but I can't really see that selling. Not as much public interest even though it marked a more than significant Japanese defeat. Stalingrad on the other hand essentially decided the entire European theatre. Battles like Tobruk, etc were sideshows compared to the war between Hitler and Stalin.
almost every war is a sideshow compared to the war between Hitler and Stalin
Behold the Power of Yavid

AC

Post by AC » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:23 am

Very very good point. Touché

Come to think of it...... I can't think of any war in history that comes close to the eastern front alone. Iwo Jima was utterly brutal but still hard to compare to Stalingrad.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:05 am

AC wrote:Very very good point. Touché

Come to think of it...... I can't think of any war in history that comes close to the eastern front alone. Iwo Jima was utterly brutal but still hard to compare to Stalingrad.
The thing about the Eastern Front is it had 2 of the largest city sieges in human history (Stalingrad and Berlin), and a third siege that is the longest lasting in human history (Leningrad), AND the largest tank battle in history (Kursk). It involved more men, more machines, and can be argued that more was at steak then any other war.

Just the names of the battles resonated in the minds of anyone that has knowledge of ww2. Barbarossa. Leningrad. Moscow. Stalingrad. Kursk. Berlin. It was one fiery bloodbath after another.

Make a list of the great battles of WW2 half of them are from the Eastern Front
Behold the Power of Yavid