Upcoming Games

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
LyrandisX

Re: Upcoming Games

Post by LyrandisX » Thu May 15, 2014 11:48 pm

If there will one day be a 1939 global game, discussion should start now, just to make a transition easier, hopefully after the release of the Civil War game

New Powers: Canada and Holland are sure to be included along with the 9 nations of Global, but the Axis need extra members too...

I have three candidates (one I really want to see):

Manchukuo/Mengjiang/Nanjing as one nation, to represent Japan's puppet states, these nations are politically tied to Japan (as Canada and ANZAC are to the United Kingdom), a declaration of war against one is a declaration of war against both

Romania, seems like a good candidate, will have activity in the Balkans and the Eastern Front, possibly Africa

Finland, not very likely, however it would make the Finnish war have a better representation than what I am later about to list

Ok, so these guys above look like possible nations

Poland, while unlikely, Poland would in a sense, replace France's role of being the fall guy for Germany, I see the mainland being 3 territories, not much (10 IPCs is the minimum needed to be a power), so maybe give Poland some land territories in Norway (not that accurate, but it would make more use of Scandinavia than being a gigantic waste of space)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some political stuff, obviously, it would be

Germany at war with Britain, France, Canada, ANZAC, (possibly Poland too)
Japan and [Japanese Puppet States] at war with China
Italy, USA, USSR, Holland, [2nd new Axis power] all Neutral for now

I would like to see the Neutral territories be represented individually, Spain would never declare war on Germany for an invasion of Switzerland, so why not just do it kinda like WW1 1914 did, except with Land Units listed on the board (besides just Infantry)

Have 4 types, True, Pro-Axis, Pro-Allies, and a new one, Pro-Soviet (to represent nations under Soviet Sphere of Influence, Baltic States, Vyborg, Bessarabia, and Mongolia, USSR can move into these even when not at war)

Add a oil mechanic, maybe certain territories marked with an Oil symbol, these things provide extra IPCs via a dice roll, whether the roll number or a set amount from a specific roll

Give the British a third capital, Cairo, this will force Britain to defend Africa as they did historically (how to divide the money though, will be interesting)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make Mexico no longer a US territory, in 1940, this was not yet true, make it Pro-Allied if needed

Split up many Neutral nations (not the powers), Spain, Sweden, and Turkey all 3 territories, Saudi Arabia 2, Brazil 2 or 3

Make China more historical, give them a Capital this time around and the ability to purchase all other units (also no movement restrictions like before), maybe allow Japan to take it round 1, give the chinese a national objective that provides free infantry for set number of territories

Split Chinese control more, China was not a unified country even in the face of war against Japan, there were war lords in charge of different areas, Sinkiang, Guangxi Clique, Yunnan, and Xibei, only the Nationalists and the Communists fought together at this point, these other nations can be only controlled by China if an ally takes it, they are True neutrals

Add Ural mountains, and the Australian desert as impassables, maybe the Andes too if desired

New units:

Bring back the blockhouse, have it represent both the Atlantic wall and the Maginot line, can be a unit that is involved in battle, or can provide a defense bonus to certain units

Add a new Sea unit, we have not had one in a long time

Add some other Air and Land units, Heavy Tanks are warranted, maybe Marines and Early Fighters, further discussion in this area is needed

Give France their own units this time, Holland can borrow most units from the allies (save for Infantry piece), Canada too, the other 2 axis powers might need to as well, Neutrals can but it would still be a waste of money and resources to give them pieces (the current print method is good enough)

Split the game up into 4 pieces ($50-60 each, you can release it as one game, but it could be interesting of seeing an Axis and Allies: Africa 1939, Pacific 1939, Asia 1939, and Europe 1939, besides, it's less painful of having different parts of one game released different times as I would have more money available per release than enough for 1 big and pricey game)

This is all I got in mind so far, but it could work

Caractacus

Post by Caractacus » Fri May 16, 2014 3:28 am

"Pro-Soviet (to represent nations under Soviet Sphere of Influence, Baltic States, Vyborg, Bessarabia, and Mongolia, USSR can move into these even when not at war)"
Generally all great but for the above including Vyborg. Certainly THAT can not be considered even slightly to be a territory it can move into without being at war...
Caractacus.

LyrandisX

Post by LyrandisX » Fri May 16, 2014 8:43 am

Caractacus wrote:"Pro-Soviet (to represent nations under Soviet Sphere of Influence, Baltic States, Vyborg, Bessarabia, and Mongolia, USSR can move into these even when not at war)"
Generally all great but for the above including Vyborg. Certainly THAT can not be considered even slightly to be a territory it can move into without being at war...
Well, if Finland was not a playable nation, than this is the only way the USSR can get Vyborg, it's not like Germany and Russia went at war over Vyborg right away

Plus many of these territories ended up under Soviet control prior to Barbarossa

I only see 2 Axis nations making it, and Romania has more going for it than Finland (and there is no need for 2 new European Axis nations to be added, give Japan some support)

And if you ask about Mongolia, Mongolia was a puppet state of the USSR

AC

Post by AC » Fri May 16, 2014 8:17 pm

BARBAROSSA!!!!!!

Noll

Post by Noll » Sat May 17, 2014 3:54 am

Barbarossa would be a boring game

AC

Post by AC » Sun May 18, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah I guess so Noll. The siege of Leningrad, Nazis at the gates of Moscow, the battle of Stalingrad, the Crimea, the largest tank battle in history at Kursk, the destruction of the largest invasion force in history. How boring...................?!

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Sun May 18, 2014 1:58 am

Heaven forbid a game without US forces, quick another Civil War/D-Day/Operation Torch, and, so forth game, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

AC

Post by AC » Sun May 18, 2014 3:26 am

If I was biased I would be asking for a Gallipoli, Tobruk or Kokoda game but I'm not. Bring on the Russian front larry.