Removing Factories: Replacing them with VCs

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Flashman

Re: Removing Factories: Replacing them with VCs

Post by Flashman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:06 am

The other important rule about factories to make them more historical is that nobody can use captured factories.

There are no historical examples of this as far as the production of high grade weaponry.

The only example I allow is infantry in liberated capitals; otherwise captured factories are simply removed for a cash bonus, representing asset stripping by the victors.

Germany building panther tanks in Stalingrad is absurd; even liberated France used American weapons and eqipment.

ChristophfromGermany

Re: Removing Factories: Replacing them with VCs

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:34 am

No production at captured Industrial Complexes is a good point. But I think you should never be allowed to remove a factory from a capital and I would not favor it for other territories too. It is painful enough to lose one, but having it destroyed is too much.

Instead of removing a factory I would prefer a bonus/damage solution: You receive the IPC value of the territory of the captured factory as a one time bonus immediately after the conquest and the equivalent of damage markers is put under the factory that has been stripped by the conquerer. Thus a recaptured factory must be repaired first before you can use it again. That is both simple and logical.
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)