Battle sounds

Got a question that you'd like me to answer?
I'll be checking in on this thread now and then and hope I can answer any questions you may have.
Pete E

Battle sounds

Post by Pete E » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Dear Larry,
Forgive me if this idea has already been suggested, but growing up in the 60's somebody gave me a long-playing record all about D-Day. A portion of the album was concerned with the sounds of the battle. Being a wargamer and a nerd (and remaining true to both today) I played the battle sounds as background to my wargaming until I wore that portion of the record out.

I thought it might be fun to incorporate the sounds of battle on your Battle Board. Each weapon would have it's own individual sound (small arms fire for infantry, booming artillery, etc.). So while you're rolling the dice with one hand, you can be pushing the "sounds of battle" with your other!

The only drawback may be my wife not appreciating the "crack" of a Tiger tank eminating from our dining room at 2 in the morning. Oh well...

Thanks Larry!

Pete

Eagle

Re: Battle sounds

Post by Eagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm

I might consider it, but it will take some time

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:26 pm

hahahhaahhahahhahahahahahah....
That's a friggin great idea! You could also have a "Retreat" button to push... Push it and you hear: " I'm outta here!" followed by frantic screams of panic.

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey Larry,
Now that's thinking inside the box!

How about a smoke canister with each game??

Pete

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:33 pm

The sounds remind me of the old Electronic Battleship, where sounds were used to add to the game, perhaps a simple teaching electronic A&A game with sound for the minis, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo