Imperious Leader dedicate his game, page 2

In Axis & Allies Revised I asked - To whom do you dedicate your game? Make your dedication here
adlertag

Imperious Leader dedicate his game, page 2

Post by adlertag » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:45 am

nevermind
Last edited by adlertag on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:55 pm

I'll see what I can do. But really, have you ever tried to tell an art director what you want? That works to a certain point. They seem to think they are in charge of the art direction.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:04 pm

Oh, by the way Adlertag…
You say “
I don’t think they would appreciate a silly war game being dedicated to them, since they hated the war.”
My experience has been that the veterans of this war DO appreciate the recognition and interest demonstrated by the playing of this silly war game. At least their sacrifices and efforts are not forgotten. As we play this silly war game we re-visit the battlefields and think about what took place there. I know too many people that need to be retold this story least they forget.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:44 pm

Very well stated and aggreed-

Just tell the "art" guy that a map that looks like planet earth would be a good start. I think he was up on the JPL site looking at pictures and info of Titan with its black oceans of methane way too long.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:24 pm

nevermind
Last edited by adlertag on Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:31 pm

I will and dont worry-
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:17 am

nevermind
Last edited by adlertag on Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elbowmaster

Re: To the artist who made MB 2 ed. map.

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:41 pm

adlertag wrote:I dedicate my old A&A 2 ed. game to the artist that made the 2 ed. map.

The AH revised game is not good enogh to be dedicated to my worst enemy.

I have looked all over MB box, and rule book, but I was not able to find the name of the artist.

Anyway, mr. x, I love your art.

My next A&A advanced game will perhaps be dedicated to the man himselves, mr. Harris. He just have to make it first.
this same question was asked at the AH site...how nice it was that i found it for you...
Just got word from Mike Gray--the VP of R&D at Milton Bradley, and the guy who wrote the 2nd edition A&A rulebook back in the day--that Mangiat is the name of the artist who did the 2nd edition map. Thanks for bringing this up, DP.

Mike

larry harris wrote about art directors...
I'll see what I can do. But really, have you ever tried to tell an art director what you want? That works to a certain point. They seem to think they are in charge of the art direction.
larry harris, have you considered eliminating these big giants and create a line thats avail on-line only??? youve stated that your games are not by design by committee, but it seems youve contradicted yourself when youve have to accept the desicions of art directors from big companies...perhaps here is your chance to really be in control of your product...id go for it if i had the name and means like you probably have...

its a whole new marketing world here on the internet...big companies??? who needs em...do you??