Cost...

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Larry

Cost...

Post by Larry » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:15 pm

How much would you be willing to spend for the ultimate deluxe game of Axis & Allies. Or - is cost a factor and should it be kept low? Would you spend $100.00 and what would you expect to get for this kind of money?

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:41 pm

i dont think its that much to ask...many of us have 100's if not 1000's of dollars investing in axis and allies...

sure it wont grab the entire aa cult, but im sure if it was the quality that we demand, it wouldnt be a problem forking out some dinero...

a "for the fans, and with help from the fans", i think it would be worth it...

with your guidence, and with help from many of the quality gamers, youd have a real winner...

perhaps leave out the middleman, and create this home brew yourself...it seems to me that the passion of the game as been desolved by corporations drive for profit...

elbow

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:59 pm

If it's a significantly larger map, has metal pieces, at least one new unit per country, and is not produced useing thin card stock, and you CAN order additional units............I'd pay the $100 and so would all the gamers i know.

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:27 pm

Read to this point

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:15 am

$100 would be no problem for axis & allies fans. Metal minis are a definite plus. If necessary you could raise the price of the game (>$100) to include them or lower it and make them available as expansion packs.

Let's face it, the minis are one of the main attractions of the game--we all love pushing them around the map as we plot our moves. Having a nice map to move them around on enhances that experience.

The issue of nice plastic minis vs. metal minis will come down to cost. While I would pay $200 for a set with nice metal minis, it may be a better business move to keep the price down to <=$100 by using good quality plastic minis and then selling expansion packs. This lets more people into the game and allows for upgrading as one's budget permits.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:38 am

OMG! Thats-a-lot-a-games. Read to this point.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:47 pm

decal sets for units, nice touch...i get many requests for those, and normally send them to hobby shops or gaming conventions...

elbow

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:18 pm

I need not think about keeping the pieces on the tree, thats a good point.
it was really fun clipping the old units from the tree, plus it made painting them easier too.
I would have to say scrap the metal pieces if it means i would get more plastic pieces.

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler