Cost...

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:47 pm

Lobo -
Keep in mind gentlemen that Advanced Axis & Allies is not replacing Axis & Allies Revised. If I understand Larry correctly (and I've been corresponding with him on this for a while) it is a complementary product. It's meant for veterans of AAR that now desire a more complex game without resorting to a monster game that takes 3 weeks to complete.
You are correct.

Imperious leader – thanks again for your contributions to this site. A related CD is an interesting idea.

Orillian

Post by Orillian » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:28 pm

Imperious:

Quote, "The use of money is a complete waste. Why not just write the totals down on a player based log sheet. Nobody physically needs a pile of paper to sort out like monopoly, just have it all written down on a single sheet of paper. It cant be that difficult."

Not everyone is able to find their way around the numbers for purchasing their units in their head, that's why so many games that use a money system actually have physical money. It helps people formulate what they want to buy. Why do you think so many people actual still use cash even in our debit card/ credit driven society. It may not be NEEDED for everyone, but it is a big enough need for enough people that it SHOULD stay. I know I don't need it, but I still like placing my purchased units out onto the money I use to buy them with to show what it is I"m buying with my money. THe money SHOULD stay.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:52 am

Advanced A&A cost 150 $

+larger map 25"x40" same borders as revised,but colours as in 2 ed. 15 $.

+110 high quality plastic units pr nation with 3 new units + IC +AA totals 610 odd units. 60 $

+ 10 sidet dice in 5 different colours, total 40 dice. 16 $
+ more realistic rules. Sub interdiction is a must.
+ battleboard, nat.income chart as in 2 ed. Set-up chart as in revised. Tokens. 15 $
+storage trays for 5 nations. 10 $
+money 5 $

nooo, just isnt good enough. I would save my money.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:17 pm

ULTIMATE DELUX AXIS & ALLIES GAME cost 250 $

"Spend the extra money, and get what you realy want"
Winston Churchill .

+large 1939 map 30"x50" , with printet mountains for terrain rule. 20 $

+ 3 new unit types
+ French & Italian units.
+110 high quality hard plastic units pr nation, total 800 units. 100 $
+Plastic pieces to all new technologies (jets, rockets etc.)
+Germany get fw 190 as new fighter. Stuka is now new divebomber exclusevly for Ge.
+UK get Mathilda as new tank. 15 $

+ 10 sidet dice in 7 different colours, total 56 dices, 20 $
+Storage trays for 7 players. 10 $
+Sophisticated rules, sub interdiction is a must.

+Task force marker, from A&A Pacific.
+Army force marker as above. 10 $

+Land battleboard in earth colour , naval battleboard in blue, and strat.bomb.raid board for day and night missions. 10 $

You dont have to go for a 400 % profitt, just pull a Henry Ford, he took less profitt and sold more cars. Cant take money with you anyway.

Mr. Harris, this will be your legacy to gamers.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:51 pm

agree with the second post but still think hes going with d12 and not d10, plus i dont think you need more than 600 pieces for all 7 (italy and france) players. Thank god somebody is supporting me on the me109 piece which allows germany to have the divebomber as a seperate piece. Just need a torpedo bomber for japan and UK ( usa has one allready from pacific). Also i like the different coloured dice but for cost overruns perhaps no more than 30 dice are needed. Still dont think you need money ( just log what you have to spend on a special notepad. Board has many posts supporting the 50x30 format ( their is no sence in making the board slightly larger than the last ) .The board is to have the "war room" look with terrrain features but nothing like eagle games "Attack" its to have the look of an old map like the ones Hitler has in the bunker. lastly allow players to buy the pieces seperatly.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:30 pm

I almost forgot.
In the ultimate delux there must be an "Commander unit".
National advantages should be implemented through this commander. Plastic token or paper token.

On second thought. Maybe we need divebombers for all nations. It is the ultimate game.

Imperial leader, what happened to your posts ?
Can someone just delete my posts if they dont like what I wright ?

Dictator-guy, I am not supporting you in me 109, if you read correct, it says fw 190 , maybe your best fighter allaround.

About the map, I got a crush for the 2 ed. map's colours and design. It just needed some more territories.
Anyway, this is not our decission.

We do need at least 8 dices in each colour. Gives us options to use 1 colour for each nation, (your option I guess), or use 1 colour for each type of unit.( my option)
Tanks have red dice, art. have black dice, airunits blue etc.

Dice are cheep, made in China, you see.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:37 pm

yes quite right. My posts have been conficated as contriband and being too brilliant for public consumption. But i sneek back a few of my old posts as per requests. I am here for you just let me know which information specifically was removed other than my missing 160 posts. This episode reminds me of the game "sorry" when a play slides all the way back form his forward spot on the board. It has the effect of unfliching dampening of my overall resolve here.

yes commander units to be sure but on cardboard seems right. And from what was discussed no Hitler unit. Just the usual commanders. note my previous post on "leader units" we are in accord on this.

Dice are no big deal again we are basically in accord.

The german plane issue: the me 109 looks best but i really sont care if its a fw190. The point being the german divebomber was a very potent concept of the new blitzkreig concept and the other nations like USA, Japan and UK have a need for torpedo bombers which should have a simliar effect but vs. naval units rather than ground forces.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:26 pm

Second thought.

Maybe 30"x 50" map is too big and impractible.
Maybe 25" x 40 " would do the trick ?

The design is crucial, and Sahara desert and Himalaiia must be impassable.

D 10 or D12 I dont care, same with me 109 or fw 190.

Maybe red plastic arrows, that you can lay on map to indicate combat, if you are attacking 6 different places in one turn. + 3 $ at most.

Eagle Games releases game after game with lots of plastic pieces , cards and big maps for almost free. "Attack" 30 $, "War, age of Imp." 50 $. How expancive can a mold be ?

Imperial, to me you look a bit fanatical in your passion for this game. If you have the means, why dont you just produce your own version. Of course, the A&A name is patentet,copyrightet, so you must use another name.
You could name it: "Adlertag- Britains nightmare" , and pay me royalties for using my name. :lol: :lol: :lol: