Cost...

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Lobo

Post by Lobo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:52 pm

I notice that the new game War of the Ring is a best seller and it retails for $90. It just happens to have lots of nice plastic minis. People will pay for a quality game that has replay value.

$100 for a game with lots of nice plastic minis is a good price target.
Including 3 tiers of rule complexity gives customers three games for the price of one.

GHQ makes metal mini tanks that are the perfect size for axis and allies. perhaps arrangements could be made with them to produce the expansion packs.

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/g81.html

AxisNDallas

CinC

Post by AxisNDallas » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:19 am

Lets not forget that in addition to GHQ, that a cheaper alternative with slightly lessor quality is available from CinC... which is currently running a sale for the 20th Anniversary of Axis & Allies.

http://www.pfc-cinc.shoppingcartsplus.c ... 335154.htm

"Axis & Allies Tank Set" = Price: $ 30.00 plus shipping. You get

Russia: ten (10) T34/76A. The first T-34 medium tank that surprised the germans. Very effective sloped armour, 76mm gun and robust suspension that has influenced tank design to the present day (R-12).

Germany: ten (10) PzKw IV E. Last short barreled 7.5cm gun tank. Classic German look of the main medium tank of WWII (G-84).

Great Britain: ten (10) Matilda III infantry tank. Distinctively British-skirted cast hull with 2 pdr. Gun (UK-48).

Japan: ten (10) Type 97 Chi-Ha. Decent medium tank at start of WWII (J-3).

United States: ten (10) Early model Sherman M4M34 with VVSS (vertical volute) suspension and 75mm gun (US-5).

Normal retail of $62.33 - Sales price is $30.00 Plus shipping

Aaron Ingle
AxisNDallas
ingle1@airmail.net

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:22 am

Amazing... Read to this point

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:49 pm

yes mr axisNdallas is most hardcore!!

i cant even begin to tell you how much axis and allies stuff i have...wow!!

maps are my wallpaper... ;) axis and allies in the bedroom, great fun...

i just say, honey, point the toe to KAZAHKSTAN!!! and she know where!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

LBOW

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:04 pm

Thoes426 – I’m glade you brought up card stock… Rest assured the card stock will just fine.

Elbowmaster – decals is a nice touch - Agreed
Honey point the toe to Kazahkstan - man you’re too much (lol)

Lobo – the GHQ stuff is wonderful. That would be impossible to do. What might be interesting is if GHQ provided all the pieces of the game. Maybe we’re talking a volume discount here. I think the game just went to $250.

AxisNDallas - Thanks for the C in C link.

Imperious leader - good comments (you r post 87)

Orillian

Post by Orillian » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:50 am

Larry, come talk to me if your interested in making large maps! ;) Or elbowmaster....or both of us! hehe!

I've come across a couple options initiated by a conversation with Imperious Leader. These options make making large maps at reasonable costs a bit more of a reality for an advanced A&A game. I"m thinking this game NEEDS a larger map.

Regarding play pieces, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra to be sure I got enough!

And as for price, well for anyone that's an A&A addict like most of us posting in this forum, well we'd most likely be willing to pay a decent sum of money as long as we could be certain there was everything needed to play the next installment of larry harris's A&A! woot!

Richard

BigBertnDallas

Post by BigBertnDallas » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:46 pm

Ill throw in my 2 cents. I dont think 100 bucks would be bad at all. I also think plastic playing pieces would be nice. Map must be significantly larger than normal a and a boards. The pieces should also be a little more detailed than the standard plastic miniatures. Oh yeah, the board should also be thick and sturdy.

Bert

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:30 am

Read to this point