Must Have's

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:30 pm

we must have more feedback from the designer...this is getting to be a slugfest without any direction from them...

do games have to be so top secret...???

its one thing to ask for suggestions of a game thats going to be made, its another with one about your thinking of making...

if we knew more of the criteria, then the group can focus on what is, not on what it may or may not be...

larry already dropped the chunk of beef in the shark tank, and the food is gone...and now, im missing a leg...

so please, steer this bus back on the road!!!

elbowmaster...

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:33 pm

I agree that some parameters would be useful, ElbowMaster. I am sure that Larry will provide them at some point - he is most probably busy with other projects at the moment.

My best guess at this point is that we should not depart too radically from the game as it is. It still needs to "feel like" A&A.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:05 pm

Krieghund wrote:My best guess at this point is that we should not depart too radically from the game as it is. It still needs to "feel like" A&A.
I agree, I think we are looking at a global game of AAP with a few rule tweaks.

I would council patience. This game is probably still several years down the road. As far as design parameters go, I think Larry already asked us for those in his original posts. Think of our role as providing general feedback on areas to improve upon. I expect that he will take it from there. After all, too many cooks....

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:32 pm

i agree with both you guys, like these guys, are waiting in hawaii...!!

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:40 am

uh, elbowmaster, you might consider Key West. Those skies look threatening.

Yeah, everthing useful that can be said has been said and things are picking up on my end. I'll check back here in a few months to see if there are any new developments.

-Lobo-- out

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:24 pm

Winter-rule.

All Sovjet terr.,Norway and Canada have a winter season that affect land combat.

1 year have 4 seasons, winter, spring, summer and fall ( dont look that surpriced, its true, Im telling you :shock: ). When all players have finished a turn, that is a 3 months season.

Land- combat in winter-season:
All defenders have + 2 to roll, to reflect that snow, blizzard, and mud do favour the defender.

Deal with that, Imp.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:45 pm

my 2 cents..

Russian Weather:
In the second half of 1941 and 1942 (during turns 5 and 7) all land combat by the attacker in the Russian theater is subject to a -1 attack modifier ( never lower than one for a units attack value) during both regular and Breakthrough and Exploitation combat phases.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:00 pm

Winter-rule.

Land combat in winter:
+ 2 to defenders roll
- 1 to attackers roll

Not allowed to attack territory with mountain in winter.
Not allowed to amphibious assault terr. in winter.
Not allowed to strat. bomb. raid. in winter.

Winter occours every 4 turn in all Sovjet terr., Norway and Canada.

Und du, mein freund, gehts nicht einen schwere manualen fur einen winter-feltzug :?: