Wildly Confused...

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Blitchga

Wildly Confused...

Post by Blitchga » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:03 am

I have loved Axis and Allies since I first learned to play almost a decade ago when I was 14. I have since developed a gaming group who play a couple games a month. I am completely confused by this advanced Axis and Allies forum. Is it a variant game in development or a collection of house rules or what... the posts seem to be over several years and has left me completely confused as to the nature of the subject material.

Some clarification would be great before I dive in and start reading like crazy...

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 am

Welcome to the forums, Blitchga!

"Advanced Axis & Allies" is a concept that Larry came up with a few years back. He wanted input from us (the fans) regarding what we'd like to see in an "advanced" version of the game. The idea was to potentially design such a game at some point.

Larry also solicited input in another forum on this site regarding the possibility of a "deluxe" version of A&A. This would basically be the same game as the Revised (2004) version, but with upgraded, high-quality components.

Eventually, many of the ideas that were presented here found their way into the 50th Anniversary Edition (available now, for a limited time only). Anniversary ( or "AA50", as its known) combines these "advanced" and "deluxe" concepts into one game.

Of course, that's not to say that some future A&A game won't incorporate some more of these "advanced" concepts. One never knows. In the meantime, you can always mine these posts for some excellent house rules, as well as contribute your own thoughts. Happy hunting!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok