Variable complexity?

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Striker

Variable complexity?

Post by Striker » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:07 pm

An aspect that may help the game a lot is to make 2-3 different complexity levels of this game. I'm not sure how it would work in the end, but it'd be nice to have a complexity "1" level that is little more then AAR, a complexity "2" level that is the "medium/default/recommended" level and includes all the main rules and changes, and to satisfy the fans of complexity a "3" level that goes beyond that. With this you could aim for a larger age market. One example is im just about 16 so i still play with other high school kids and the "1" level or maybe "2" level would be good for us, then you have university students who would most likey go "2", and then you have the "adult version"(#3) for those enthusiasts.

#1 Might include the game "shortening" aspects while #3 might make it longer. Also #1 may include the more conservative unit startup while #3 could make it larger. Of course #2 would be a compromise between the two.

Sorry if this has been posted already(it probably has with all these suggestions) but theres too much stuff to look through.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:21 pm

Striker , dont be overwhelmed here.. Just contribute anything you can. You can come up with something good to use just like anybody else. So keep posting..
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Striker

Post by Striker » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:09 am

Hmmm... Would it of been more appropriate if i put this in the advanced a&a second section? (is this section out of date?)

and to ellaborate a second on my post, Making variable complexity, which equals larger age group, means more people who buy the game and more money for the publisher, so besides the extra work that goes into balancing out the different levels of complexity, it seems to be all advantages, I'm really interested to seeing what Larry's opinion of this is.

And on a personal note, its sometimes hard enough to find people my own age to play with in just AAR. :P

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:23 am

Id post in the 2nd stage of AAA, while i like to have many optional rules myself i dont feel that their should be "competing rules systems" Just one comprehensive rules but with many optional rules to add flavor.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Striker

Post by Striker » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:29 am

Made repost, lets move any replies and comments to the other thread, this one can be deleted for any mods out there.