The Pacific Ocean

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
The Old Soldier

The Pacific Ocean

Post by The Old Soldier » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:49 am

I sure guys much smarter than me have already stated this, but since I'm new and have come in late and have not read all the postings...

The pacific theatre was huge, to attack japan from the west coast it was almost the same give or take a couple of hundred miles, as attacking Germany from the West Coast. The pacific map should be larger or have a few more areas to reflect the huge distances traveled by ships and planes.

I know this is not a simulation, just a game, but this is one of the areas that has always bothered me.

Sean

Griffey

Concur

Post by Griffey » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:14 pm

I concur, Old Soldier. I'm sure it was done to prevent map sprawl.

Another thing about the Pacific region was the odd way the sea zones of southeast asia were treated. The South China Sea, for instance, is surrounded by land and large islands, and logically was of a size to comprise one sea zone. Instead, it's split among several. This may have been doen to prevent Japan from waltzing down and grabbing India too quickly.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:01 am

Larry said the map will basically be aa europe meets aa pacific so im sure this will be corrected. The only way to accomodate the oceans in revised and 2nd was to squash the atlantic and pacific to accentuate Europe on the microboard. of course those blow up boxes took even more space.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.