SubTerritories

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Guerrilla Guy

SubTerritories

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:52 pm

general idea to throw out since their is a lull:

Every territory is divided up into smaller pieces. pretty simple. But it allows for more defined possibilities especially with partial retreats. It would also allow you to teach new players by just ignoring the sub-territories. oil is in particular zones and cities are more tactically accessed. It would be easier to Calculate Stacking limit.

any idea?

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

GROGnads

Sure

Post by GROGnads » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:00 pm

But WHERE are you 'going' with this? Are you 'desiring' some sort of 'Battles Campaign' Game wherein you FIGHT an 'intensively detailed' BATTLE for the AREA being depicted? Then you may wish to obtain some of them 'Gamemaps' that ole ''elbowmaster'' creates for this 'effect'. You could even 'make' the pertinent AREAS as such with denotations for this, and place other ITEMS as well. Sounds interesting.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:40 pm

If territories are abstacted into unmarked regions within a land space, this would prove troublesome even with a 50x30 map. I can see something in allowing a victory city inside a territory to be "under seige" giving defenders some modification, but in a game as large a scale as this seems too "Tactical". This also brings up terrain features, which larry has posted he wants to avoid, so your idea is a step beyond even a terrain or weather rules.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:35 pm

true.. the one thing it would help fix would be stacking limits and airbases. Although I guess battles would be a little drawn out. Perhaps Advanced Deluxe? :wink:
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...