it looks like somebody took one of my ideas.. again.

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Imperious leader

it looks like somebody took one of my ideas.. again.

Post by Imperious leader » Fri May 06, 2005 1:16 am

MAY 6, 2005 (Renton, Wash.) -- On Sunday, May 8, iconic strategy game brand AVALON HILL - published by Seattle-based hobby-game leader Wizards of the Coast (NYSE: HAS) - will announce the launch of Axis & Allies Miniatures, a revolutionary new World War II themed wargame system set to hit store shelves in

late summer of 2005. The announcement will coincide with the sixtieth anniversary of VE Day, the end of the war in Europe.

Axis & Allies Miniatures gives both novice wargamers and veteran grognards the ability to engage in historically authentic, squad-level tactical combat with detailed, 15mm scale, pre-painted plastic miniatures featuring varying degrees of rarity to enhance collectability. Hard-hitting, fast-paced game play makes every Axis & Allies Miniatures battle a blitzkrieg. Ready to play right out of the box, Axis & Allies Miniatures features easy to master rules that don’t sacrifice authenticity. A single skirmish can be played in under an hour, or, players can advance their custom-constructed squad through a meat grinder of combat, battling from the hedgerows of Brittany to the steps of the Reichs Chancellery.

"Axis & Allies Miniatures represents the crossroads between AVALON HILL’s greatest wargame titles of yesteryear - such as Squad Leader and Up Front - and Wizards’ role as a pacesetter in tactical miniatures combat games," said Linda Cox, brand manager for AVALON HILL at Wizards of the Coast. "There’s no politics in Axis & Allies Miniatures - this is gritty combat in the trenches as only AVALON HILL can portray."

The Axis & Allies name is best known as the title of a cult-classic strategic board game first published by Nova Games in 1981 and subsequently revised and expanded by MILTON BRADLEY and AVALON HILL with Axis & Allies Europe, Axis & Allies

Pacific and Axis & Allies D-Day. Console and PC-game titles bearing the Axis & Allies
name have also been produced by Hasbro Interactive and Atari. Axis & Allies Miniatures brings yet another dimension into the A&A game universe.

"Since 1957 the story of AVALON HILL has been inseparably tangled with the
story of serious, strategy gaming. Axis & Allies Miniatures represents a bold rededication of Wizards’ commitment to the rich history and tradition at the heart of that brand," said Kyle Murray, Director of Marketing at Wizards of the Coast. "Axis & Allies is the gold standard in WWII games; Axis & Allies Miniatures will meet and exceed our customers expectations."

Base Set, featuring forty-eight soldiers and vehicles from WWII plus detailed hex maps of terrain representing the battlefields of Europe, will be first shown to the public at the GENCON game convention in Indianapolis this August and is set to hit store shelves the following week. A 48-figure expansion, bringing additional vehicles and troops into combat, will follow in December. More expansions are planned through 2006.

Game Details
Challenge your friends to fast, head-to-head combat with the Axis & Allies Miniatures Game! This high-quality skirmish game is playable right out of the box. With these faithful reproductions of real WWII combat vehicles and fighting units, you can recreate historical battles from World War II with authentic Shermans, Panzers, infantry, and more! Or create your own battles!

The starter kit contains pre-painted, 15mm, plastic miniature soldiers and vehicles from WWII that animate the action on the battlefield, along with game stat cards that dictate the firepower, armor, and abilities of each unit. Booster packs bring additional soldiers and vehicles into play.

The Base Set Starter Pack Contains:
•12 collectable miniatures based on battlefield units of World War II
-tanks, antitank guns, commanders, infantry units, and 1 random rare
-miniatures are prepainted, fully assembled, and made of durable plastic
•Full-color game stat cards
•4 double-sided, full-color battle mats
•10 six-sided dice
•Rulebook
•Set checklist

The Base Set Booster Pack Contains:
•9 randomized, prepainted, durable plastic miniatures
•Full-color game stat cards
•Set checklist
(Rules not included in booster.)

$24.99 (MSRP) - Starter
$14.99 (MSRP) - Booster
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri May 06, 2005 1:23 am

If you dont believe me then check out my post last fall regarding the idea to make pre painted plastic piece sets in somewhat collectable relatively inexpensive formats. Now why i ask that these same sets cannot be available for our advanced axis and allies ? Hopefully they will expand this for the Naval and air units so we can upgrade all our sets. Why should we not have molds for additional types of pieces (all painted of course) to add to our games as a "plug in" for all the previous versions of a/a?

It also appears that with the idea to commission these pieces it was felt that the axis and allies product "tie in" would not in itself be sufficient from a marketing perspective to just have them , but to incorporate some flim flam rule system to make some new game. I can guarentee the majority of the buyers of this product will just use the infantry/ artillery and smaller armored pieces to add to their A/A games, much like what was done with " other" games in the past. What i cant help to wonder is why do they call anything that has to do with world war two "axis and allies"? Like that RTS fun factor thing where exactly is the relevance? They sure get alot of mileage out of the Axis and Allies concept. I guess ill call my Benz an Axis and Allies car since Hitler usually was found in one. Yea thats the ticket!
Last edited by Imperious leader on Fri May 06, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

This is GREAT!

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 06, 2005 1:40 am

well, for those that are JUST getting into the 'Hobby' and it'll be quite the expensive 'habit' too! ''15mm'' had been around for quite some time but I could not afford another such 'scale'~so I'll have to 'pass'- although I was slowly acquiring some of the larger, regular 'Army Men' in bags from the ''Dollar Store''. I've even got some 'W.W.2 Soviet T-34s' for them, and I 'see' that the ''D.S.'' has some MODERN 'types' as well. I've got this ''Bradley I.F.V.'' that is '2-kewl'! It has ALL kinds of 'doors & hatches'-even MORE than the ''for REAL'' one has! What will be 'nice' is when they are placed at ''99% OFF'' at some future SALE~w007! man, I need to save up them 'found pennies' for THAT then!
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

GROGnads

oh, sorry about that ''I.L.''

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 06, 2005 2:00 am

Well, I've already 'determined' that it IS ''broken''~and I haven't gone with ANY other 'emperical evidence' other than what is 'presented' here, so you'll just have to 'take' my word for this! nice try though, heh heh heh

So, who else can provide some 'entertaining' scepticism about these folks?
Yet, they can't 'figure' out that WE want an EXPANSION of 'pieces' for the 'regular' ole 'A&A' games? You know, this gives 'fodder' for US to throw BACK upon THEM about the whole matter!
Register YOUR own 'disgust' and lack of FAITH in them in the best manner you can think of! Let's take them to task for this affront, if you know what I mean.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri May 06, 2005 2:04 am

Ive just done that indignation . Refresh comrade!

GROGnads

The SCALE is a tad 'big' I'd say

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 06, 2005 2:46 am

I am aware of that, but IF these are ALL ''true to scale'' in relation to one another, then you begin to 'see' what I mean. ALSO, they're 'going' with the 'd6s'!!! USE some damm 'd10s' you fools!

overheard at a 'R&D' session for this: ''HEY! I just got a 'steal of a deal' on these 'one-sided DICE'! let's create a GAME system for them! teh r0XX0rs!''
proceeds to place a bag of 'Marbles' before the group...

P.S.-''L@@K!!1!1~~~W@W!!!11''

GROGnads

Yes, I 'see' it so CLEARLY now!

Post by GROGnads » Sat May 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Sooooooo, ''I.L.''...it is YOU that 'we' have to BLAME for the crappy 'products' of late(jk)! Since THEY are obviously ''reading your MIND'' about ALL of this, OR...you are using some ''cheap 'Jedi' MIND trick'' upon them(actually, 'Pavlov's' tricks would probably WORK as well), then hows about instilling in 'them' a sense of LOYALTY to their 'customers'~or at least the 'ones' that are ''diehard FANs''! for certain 'Games', K?
Here's WHAT to 'expect' in the sometime to be...

''Axis & Allies IRAQ''
'Starter' - $100 Billion!
'Booster' - $85 Billion~per annum!
'subsidiary' SALES for ''Tragic: the Splattering'' = '2'-much!
GET yer 'buddies' in on the FUNilarity-those that can't 'afford' the TROOPS can just send the MONIES!
*NOTE*-NO affiliation with ''Halliburton'' is to be inferred, but you just KNOW that they'll get their greedy, grubby, mitts on MOST of these 'funds'-sorry 'bout that!
''it's a DONE deal, BABY!''

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat May 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Grog - You are one funny dude.