adlertags "plotted" axis and allies

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
Imperious leader

adlertags "plotted" axis and allies

Post by Imperious leader » Thu May 12, 2005 7:43 pm

We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

Looks GREAT!

Post by GROGnads » Thu May 12, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm 'checking this OUT' as I write THIS up as well. First off, I'd suggest that HE get some 'Official' to lend some ''authenticity'' to it as there ARE some people that just HAVE to 'have' that, if you know what I mean.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

adlertag

Re: adlertags "plotted" axis and allies

Post by adlertag » Fri May 13, 2005 10:40 am

Comments noted.

This guy have probably lifted this idea from this forum.

GROGnads

not according to the DATE on this

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 13, 2005 7:01 pm

From what I had seen, but then he could have been 'working' on them since that time, it was 'indicated' as being started in the year '2000'! Now, granted, that even I have some 'stuff' that is currently 'under construction' from years ago, so I suppose that they could have just 'finished up' this and are now releasing it for 'consumption'. It is well thought out and hopefully, many others will take it to heart, and find it to be very entertaining to spice up their 'Games' of this, as what is to be expected from 'devotees' of such!

GREAT ''jorb'' there guys, and once again, we 'amateurs' are able to 'create' what the 'supposed' PROS can't! IF 'they' had any 'scruples' or PRIDE, then they should be hanging their heads in 'shame'!
''for SHAME!'' or in the immortal 'words' of 'Pvt. Pyle'~''Shame! Shame! Shame!''
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri May 13, 2005 7:20 pm

Yep it appears that Adlertag lifted "his" ideas from this site. At least you dont use the "WIF" playbook anymore-
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

I had NO 'idea'

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 13, 2005 8:08 pm

So...is HE ''pawning'' these OFF as his 'own' then? Since I have as of yet to SEE just what you are going on about, then I'll just have to 'allow' HIM the ''benefit of the doubt''! If he 'refines' them and provides some distinct 'differences', then by all means, HE can ''call them his OWN'', since just because they ARE very similiar, doesn't mean that they are identical, or what can be construed as 'plagiarism'-but I don't wish to cause him undo 'grief' on this. You CAN 'use' someone else's entire 'works' if you so desire, as long as you attribute the appropriate 'Credit' to those 'authors' in some relevant form or manner-something that apparently is 'glossed over' at SOME 'places' that we're familiar with~hear THAT ''HasBro''? While usually, there is some sort of 'permission' granted for this, so also keep that in mind~especially IF you are under some kind of 'Contract' with folks that are 'prone' to do this kind of 'stuff'!

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri May 13, 2005 8:21 pm

Naw in just chiding him since he always says i "lift" from world in flames game (WIF) . I can allmost see him smiling when he reads this post and he knows what i mean. I dont like this game at all its way too complicated to derive any benifit from. I dont like games that are a chore and take weeks to finish.

GROGnads

isn't that THIS?

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 13, 2005 8:34 pm

I always considered THAT(W.i.F.) as ''Rules in Transition'' along the same 'lines' as the many versions of the ''R.&D.o.t.3rdR.'' game! At least theirs is much more 'colorful' compared to the ''barren landscape'' of the 'Advanced 3R' one. Even the actual ''North African desert'' has MORE terrain 'features' than this! WHY they couldn't have gone with the 'graphics' of the ''Russian Front'' game-except for the WHITE lettering-still ceases to 'dismaze' ME! Now, there is a 'project' for anyone to take on if they so desire~make another IMPROVED 'Advanced 3R' gamemap and just about ANYTHING could be considered as that!