Rules team 3: covering builds, placement /victory conditions

What do you want to see in an advanced A&A game?
Share your thoughts... Contribute to the ultimate A&A game design.
elbowmaster

Rules team 3: covering builds, placement /victory conditions

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Rules team 3 ( covering builds, placement and victory conditions)

post topics of this nature...here...
Last edited by elbowmaster on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:38 pm

This is Kreighunds dept. (chair) with Juggernought and Der Panzinator. Have you contacted each other yet?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:16 pm

I was under the impression that Guerilla Guy was running this show, and I believe he is under the same impression. We have been in communication, well some of us at least.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:35 pm

OK fine. did you get in touch with der panzinator?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:34 pm

Same Impression 8)

No he hasn't responded back, but Defiance, Kreighund, and I have started out and have made some discussion headway...

I will give you an update at some point of what we have discussed and come up with...

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

SecretAgentMan

Idea

Post by SecretAgentMan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:49 pm

Way back when, I read the rules to World in Flames. They had something called a "production spiral" that allowed players to begin construction of a large unit and fund, or de-fund, it over time. Would that be an interesting option for this game? Japan could start building a super-battleship in 1942 but it wouldn't be available until 1943, while Japan would still have the option to delay production until 1944 and using IPs somewhere else.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Thats something that is in many games.. i am not sure why WIF seems to get credit for this , because its an old concept from those old SPI games. In simple terms we just install a two turn build plan for the larger pieces... example: carriers and battleships take two turns to build. pay half now and half on completion. If you cancel the "order" you gain back only half your investment ala Monopoly houses.. Its all under my proposal for combat system. Putting land units in that light would be detrimental to playability IMO, you could have bombers done in this group. I think the games turns are 6 months rather than 3 months, so thats what ive based my opinions on.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:15 pm

definitely being considered by our team... I have always held that in the back of my mind as an option, we haven't discussed it yet but that will definitely come on the agenda... right now Kreig and I are covering Victory Conditions...

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...