Using those Trucks in all Axis and Allies Games

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?
Nuclear

Using those Trucks in all Axis and Allies Games

Post by Nuclear » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:53 am

Those cool looking Trucks in Axis and Allies Battle of the Buldge inspired me with this house rule:

All values based on 12 sided die
Germany and USA have Mech Infantry. Attack at 2 or less, Defend at 3 or less, move 2 spaces, can blitz, costs 4 IPCs.

Just an idea that I had.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

Staghound

Post by Staghound » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 am

12 sided die?

Are you sure about that?

Your Mech Inf. A2D3M2C4 idea is actually used quite a lot in several different A&A versions.

In my version we play with Armoured Cars A2D2M2C4 (with before or after combat blitz capacity) and it works very well.

We also play with Trucks A0D1M2C4 and Trains A0D1+2M4C12 for more than 15 years now.

They give the game far better movement dynamics.

Couldn't play without them anymore. :wink:

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:38 am

Those trains look about right, but what carrying capacity do they have?

What is the "+1" defence modifyer?

I assume that trains cannot move into combat, only defend and ncm.

Do you have printed rail lines on the map, or have any restrictions on where thay can move overland?

Staghound

Post by Staghound » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:49 am

Flashman wrote:Those trains look about right, but what carrying capacity do they have?
4 Infantry or 2 Hardware (or a combination of these two.)
They can even carry two loaded Trucks.
Flashman wrote:What is the "+1" defence modifyer?
Anti-Aircraft.
Flashman wrote:I assume that trains cannot move into combat, only defend and ncm.
That's right.
Flashman wrote:Do you have printed rail lines on the map, or have any restrictions on where thay can move overland?
No.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:43 pm

I noticed in D-Day board there are even roads present so some similar truck + supplies system could be developed...

Yavid

Re: Using those Trucks in all Axis and Allies Games

Post by Yavid » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I've been thinking about those trucks and supplies. I was thinking something like: Letting countries buy trucks and they work like they do in BotB game adding 1 movement to 1 inf. or 1 art. per truck. And also letting a country buy supplies, ship them somewhere ( ie. russia) and russia trading the supplies in for cash. I was thinking that supplies should only be able to be cashed in at an IC and use the trucks to move them over land. I love the idea makes for a more interesting Battle of the Atlantic as Germany tries to cut Russia of from American Aid. I've ran into two problems: first trucks for every country. That was solved fast and simple by using german trucks with an japanesse or italian control mark under it. or american trucks with the "real" owners control marker under it. The second problem is how much do these trucks cost. 2 ipc seems about right.
Behold the Power of Yavid