Mechanized infantry rules

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?
yesssabus

Mechanized infantry rules

Post by yesssabus » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:49 pm

I always wanted to try a game of A&A 1940 that mechanized infantry would be able to carry along either one regular infantry or an artillery unit. With the current rules they seem like a waste of money and never used or bought really.

WILD BILL

Re: Mechanized infantry rules

Post by WILD BILL » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 pm

yesssabus wrote:I always wanted to try a game of A&A 1940 that mechanized infantry would be able to carry along either one regular infantry or an artillery unit. With the current rules they seem like a waste of money and never used or bought really.
I have thought about using them as land transports (no attack or def value) and they would be removed if the tt is taken. Allow them to tpt 2 inf, or an inf+art two spaces. Keep the cost the same (4 IPCs). Hell they look like a truck anyway.

Imperious leader

Re: Mechanized infantry rules

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:38 pm

I prefer that units in spaces containing Major factories they control get a movement boost of +1, similar to how AB and NB boosts air and naval units.

The amount of infantry or artillery that can move two spaces would be equal to the total undamaged major factory points.

BTW Mech should blitz with no tanks and get a +1 is paired with tanks or artillery and the bogus tech they got for this scrapped and replaced with a new tech.

Paratroopers should be standard rule as well.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.