Advanced Axis and Allies (v1.1) -submission from C Yope

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?
Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:17 am

Are you talking about Xeno's Europe at War/Russia at War?

We have done a great deal of work on that too.

Craig

Magonga

Post by Magonga » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:32 pm

Actually, several years ago we had to muck with Xeno's WaW to make it more playable (including creating a bigger map so all the pieces could fit in a territory). But, I was actually talking about another East - West gameset that is both land hex based with sea "zones" and uses a lot of A&A rules and pieces (with the option to use counters instead). I don't want to disparage the game too much as the creater was running the business from his home and the game had some interesting concepts (like alternating combat movement - Germans move into one territroy/hex and conduct an offensive, then the Allies get to attack one territory, and so on based on how many intitiatives/attacks you purchase). I can tell ya the game name offline if you'd like Craig.

Thanks!

Kevin

Magonga

Post by Magonga » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:57 am

Hi Craig,

We are finally set to play with your and Eric's rules/maps (+some add'l rules) this week. I have question about what you recommend is a good Victory Point goal for the Axis when playing for the first time?

Thanks!

Kevin

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:18 am

Are using the optional rule of each Axis player (Japan and Germany/Italy) getting the extra 25 IPCs to use in the beginning?

If so, I would say look at the 110-120 range for a VP goal.

If not, I would look at 100.

Craig

(+some add'l rules)??????????

What's this all about?

Sounds as if you haven't even played with the rules as is?

Give them a chance.

Let me know how it goes, no matter what rules you use.

Magonga

Post by Magonga » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:07 pm

Thanks Craig. Not sure if we are going to play with the 25 extra IPCs or not, will let the guys decide.

We really like your guy's rules and it is exactly what we were looking for, but we had to have a few more unit types that we liked from previous games (like Mech. Inf, Soviet Guards, Heavy Bombers, German Tigers...). Have also added Partisan and Vichy rules. Just a couple of minor tweaks! ;)

Thanks!

Kevin

Magonga

Post by Magonga » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi Craig, couple of questions after our first round of playing. After going over the rules, setting up, and being short one player we only manageed one turn...

Anyway, was wondering if you help with these:

1. Can Germany and Italy combine their Rail Movement in any fashion? For example can Germany utilize Italy's rail capacity and use it to move German units from Germany to Russia? Or does Italy's/Germany's rail capacity have to be used for their resptive units?

2. Capturing Convoy Zones...When the Axis capture an Allied convoy zone, like Archangel, for example (4 pts). Does Russia immediately pay 4 IPCs to the bank AND they are reduced by 4 IPCs on the Production chart?

Thanks!

Kevin

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Magonga wrote:Hi Craig, couple of questions after our first round of playing. After going over the rules, setting up, and being short one player we only manageed one turn...

Anyway, was wondering if you help with these:

1. Can Germany and Italy combine their Rail Movement in any fashion? For example can Germany utilize Italy's rail capacity and use it to move German units from Germany to Russia? Or does Italy's/Germany's rail capacity have to be used for their resptive units?
Each major power has a number of Rail Points equal to the number of industrial complexes it controls.

This is from the rules. We considered Italy to be a major power, as such the rail points were kept separate
2. Capturing Convoy Zones...When the Axis capture an Allied convoy zone, like Archangel, for example (4 pts). Does Russia immediately pay 4 IPCs to the bank AND they are reduced by 4 IPCs on the Production chart?
Yes, both.

In the case of the Archangel convoy, the USSR goes down 4 IPCs. When the other convoys in the Atlantic are captured, it would reduce the IPC level of the USA Atlantic Convoy or UK Atlantic Convoy total.

The lend-lease convoy boxes are handled differently.
Thanks!

Kevin
Keep them coming!

Craig

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Wed May 24, 2006 5:53 pm

I just have one thing, i printed down the hole map and looked at it for some time. I did not play it yet but i'm planning to do soon:) my only remark is, why does USA start with 60 IPC? I mean we want to make the game a lil harder right and i think 50 is enough for America.