Global 40 - vichy France Rule

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?
edfactor

Global 40 - vichy France Rule

Post by edfactor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 am

I have this rule for Vichy that I am working on for Global 40. In this house rule version France starts off with a historical size fleet.

Sea Zone 36: 1 Cruiser
Sea Zone 72: 1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
Sea Zone 93: 1 Destroyer, 1 Battleship, 1 Sub
Sea Zone 105: 1 Battleship, 1 Sub
Sea Zone 110: 1 Transport
Sea Zone 112: 1 Destroyer, 1 Cruiser

Here is the rule as I have it so far. It just doesnt sit right with me now , it seems to complicated. (any suggestions?)

Vichy France:
Territories: Southern France, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Syria.
If Paris is occupied the listed Territories become Vichy French immediately after the German collect income phase. They are considered axis controlled territories and any Axis power may move through them and fly over them. Vichy France is neutral (along with any ground units in these territories) and may not attack either side. All other French territories and ground units become Free French. Germany may collect income from all Vichy territories during the collect income phase of the German turn.

Germany may collapse Vichy at any time placing a German control marker on Southern France and any other Vichy territories that Germany can enter during normal movement, all Vichy French units in these territories are removed. All other Vichy territories become Free French and all Vichy units not removed from the map by German units become Free French. Vichy France becomes Free French if France, Southern France or Southern Italy becomes allied controlled.

The allied player may move Vichy naval units but may not attack with them until Vichy France is collapsed by Germany or becomes Free French.

Britain may seize the French fleet, in this case the French fleet all becomes Free French. Britain must remove 20 IPC’s of French ships from the board when the French fleet is seized.

The allied powers may declare war on Vichy and attack Vichy territory but must fight any French units defending a Vichy territory that the allies enter.

Cmdr Jennifer

Re: Global 40 - vichy France Rule

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 pm

I'd feel better if you simplified it:

If Germany and only Germany, takes S. France then roll 1 die for each French Territory or Sea Zone containing French units.

On a roll of 1 or 2 the units and territory become German, place a control marker and replace the units with their German equivalents.
On a roll of 3 or 4 the units and territories become true neutral, leave the French units. In the case of True Neutral fleets, no axis or allied warships can coexist in the same sea zone without attacking the true neutral fleet and thus making all others pro-your enemy.
On a roll of 5 or 6 the units and territories join England (on their respective maps.)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!