Global 40A+3: One United Kingdom Rule

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?
Cmdr Jennifer

Global 40A+3: One United Kingdom Rule

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Instead of splitting the British economy into two halves, run the British government as if it was one Parliament (like it really is).

England collects for all NOs and Territories regardless of what side of the map they are on and can spend the money in any manner England sees fit. (This means England earns about 40-50 IPC a round, which is not so bad really, considering they earn that in Anniversary too.)

Game effects witnessed:
A) Sea Lion is no longer optimal. It can be done if England's asleep at the wheel, but it's no longer 92%+ assured like it currently is in Alpha 3.
B) India is a softer target because most of Round 1's money goes to defending London
C) Essentially, I am seeing the game play out similarly to Anniversary Edition, just on the global map with the global pieces. It's very similar anyway, Japan moves to take the DEI, takes India, pounds on China some, maybe invades Russia - Germany blows up the British fleet, invades Russia - Italy works on Africa and the allies try to pop Germany open like a pinata.
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

SithlordRPGA

Re: Global 40A+3: One United Kingdom Rule

Post by SithlordRPGA » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Played this week last week and England was far too powerful. India was not weaker actually with the help of the US in Europe the UK was able to poor all his money into India and was unstopable.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:39 pm

I just knew we had that rule in there for a reason. 8)
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:25 pm

A single UK economy is not going to happen. How about 15 or 20 French fighters in the UK... that should help deter a sea lion for a round or two...

The point is... this situation is easily remedied with a certain increase of UK or other Allied units starting off in the UK. There really is no need to start changing rules.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 am

Great minds think alike. :wink:

Caractacus

Post by Caractacus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

SithlordRPGA wrote:Played this week last week and England was far too powerful. India was not weaker actually with the help of the US in Europe the UK was able to poor all his money into India and was unstopable.
I am not surprised. With no restrictions on India's construction abilities, the UK will build excessively there.

India is already pretty ridiculous in its build abilities in both numbers and complexity of unit type, so allowing full build there with all the UK's IPCs is so obviously bizarre that I am surprised that a limit on that isn't automatic in such a house rule. I liked the version that Cmdr Jennifer mentioned elsewhere with a maximum build limit of IPCs for India.

Certainly it should either have only a Minor or it should have an IPC limit of what is gathered on the Pacific board (+ Western India).
Caractacus.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:04 pm

if you're going to do this I say the IC in India should become a minor one, add a minor IC on the Europe map of India and add the NO: +10 IPC one time only for capturing Calcutta For Japan. This would in effect reduce the amount of units India can build to 6 from 10 and still give Japan the capturing the capital bonus
Behold the Power of Yavid

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 pm

oh and that might just the beginning on twicks that would need to be made.
Behold the Power of Yavid