house rules for '41 pieces

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?
Yavid

house rules for '41 pieces

Post by Yavid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm

IL we should really cont. our conversation somewhere like here.
Behold the Power of Yavid

Yavid

Re: house rules for '41 pieces

Post by Yavid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:29 pm

To recap the conversation:

You offered these ideas:

In terms of placing these units into Global with special Abilities...

P-40: ( US only)( replace the US fighter in China with this). If attacking enemy land units with no defensive air support, this plane should attack at 4 for each combat round...

3-4-4-11

Tiger Tank: ( Germany only) Can be built with Advanced Tank technology ( replace and discard "war bonds"

4-4-2-8

AVRO Lancaster ( UK only) These bombers can be used to attack Subs w/o a destroyer, but UK can only build them starting on turn 4 in global40.

4-1-6-11

FW-190 ( Germany Only) Has benefit as an interceptor and if scrambling on
defense gets a +1

3-4-4-10

IS-2 tank (Soviet only) these are 4-3-2-8 tanks and can be built only if the Soviet player has pushed out all German forces out of prewar Russia.

4-3-2-8

HMS Hood ( UK player only) moves 4 spaces either with or without benefit of naval base. the UK swaps out one of his BB's with this ( in G40), but this is a 4-3-2-20 unit

He-111 German player only) during SBR the German player gets a +2 in results against enemy Industrial complexes.

Akagi Aircraft Carrier ( Japan only) replace one Japanese carrier with this unit in setup. It carries 3 planes, otherwise its a normal Carrier.

I counted with these ideas:
First '41 was an April fools joke then...

IL-2 just the same as the Tiger (replace Improved Shipyards because we all know the to survive Russia NEEDS a strong large navy)

He-111 3/1/5/10 Strategic Bomber (1d6 SBR damage)

Akagi becomes the 'basic' Japanese carrier and the Shinano becomes 0/2/2/16 carring 3 aircraft, capital ship. But you can't build them unit after Japan gets Improved Shipyards. The price for Shinano already being adjusted for Improved Shipyards.

We argeed over the aircraft the Shinano can hold, exchanged links and I'm meeting you half way with:

i think i figured out why to two totally different numbers. She was went as a Heavy Armored Support carrier. 47 of her own aircraft and 73 more could be serviced from other Carriers. But that does bring us back to our original question. How best to repsent the Akagi class. Maybe again make Akagi the basic Carrier and the Shinano being a 3 hit capital ship. And I know what you're going to say. 1 torpedo sunk her. My counter is: she was running on a skeleton crew, water tight doors weren't installed and fire supsion systems not complete. to sumarize my idea is with improved shipyards: 0/2/2/16 3 hits to sink.

Did I miss anything? :D

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Oh and i've been thinking about HMS Hood piece, maybe using them as a battlecruier piece (UK only) 4/4/3/20 with offshore bombardment. basically trading the ability to take a 2nd hit for a 3rd move.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Maybe again make Akagi the basic Carrier and the Shinano being a 3 hit capital ship.
Yea but a few items...

Akagi was a special ship for Japan, it represents her best pilots getting to serve aboard this ship...

So Allow Akagi Fighter-Bombers to all attack at 4

Make Shinano a late war carrier with 3 hits and +1 on defense

This also means that Yamato is a 3 hit BB ( 5-5-2-22) and the new japanese Kongo is a OOB BB.

The Hood idea is good. If it has no hits, it can move 4 spaces with or without NB.

Replace one UK BB with Hood sculpt, To build more costs +2 per ship
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 pm

P-40: ( US only)( replace the US fighter in China with this). If attacking enemy land units with no defensive air support, this plane should attack at 4 for each combat round...

3-4-4-11

Tiger Tank: ( Germany only) Can be built with Advanced Tank technology
( replace and discard "war bonds")

4-4-2-8

AVRO Lancaster ( UK only) These bombers can be used to attack Subs w/o a destroyer, but UK can only build them starting on turn 4 in global40.

4-1-6-11

defense gets a +1

3-4-4-10

IS-2 tank (Soviet only) Can be built with Advanced Tank technology

4-4-2-8

HMS Hood ( UK player only) moves 4 spaces either with or without benefit of naval base. This is only allowed if they have no damage. The UK player swaps out one of his BB's with this ( in G40), this is a 4-4-2-20 unit

He-111 ( German player only) This bomber replaces all of German starting bombers, the OOB Bomber is an upgrade to be built with Advanced Aircraft design technology ( remove the stupid Advanced Artillery idea)

Akagi Aircraft Carrier ( Japan only) replace one Japanese carrier with this unit in setup. Any Fighter-Bombers launched from this unit and attack naval units get a 4 attack rating ( with or without matching fighter)

The OOB Shinano is a 3 hit Carrier that costs +2
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 pm

3-4-4-11

Tiger Tank: ( Germany only) Can be built with Advanced Tank technology

4-4-2-8

4-1-6-11

defense gets a +1

3-4-4-10

IS-2 tank (Soviet only) Can be built with Advanced Tank technology
( replace and discard "Improved Shipyards" leave war bonds for the soviets)

4-4-2-8

HMS Hood ( UK player only) The UK player swaps out the BB in SZ 110 with HMS Hood (in G40), Offshore Bombardment.

4/4/3/18

He-111 (German player only) This bomber replaces all of German starting bombers, the OOB Bomber is an upgrade to be built with Advanced Aircraft design technology (remove the stupid Advanced Artillery idea) SBR damage 1d6+2

4/1/6/12

Ju-88 (German player only) This bomber is used for terror attacks on enemy VC (london blitz). Doing 1d6 IPC damage to the VC. The IPCs are surrendered to the bank. SBR damage 1d6+2 vs. IC and 1d6 vs. VC. VCs are protected by the AAguns in the territory and don't have there own built in like IC have now.

4/1/6/15

Akagi Aircraft Carrier (Japan only) replace one Japanese carrier with this unit in setup. Any Fighter-Bombers launched from this unit and attack naval units get a 4 attack rating ( with or without matching fighter) 0/2/2/16?

Leave the OOB japanese carrier alone.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 pm

ok fine. The rest looks fine too. Thanks for rewording the text.

If anybody else has some suggestions for incorporating the new units as unique units please post using the current list with changes in bold...

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:24 am

Guess we will cont. this conversation in a few months when the full list of units is out. I'm looking forward to it. :D