War Room II - the sequel...

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Imperious leader

Re: War Room II - the sequel...

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 am

I stated very clearly that i was against SELLING PRINTS of my maps, not displaying them to show others. I make them only for AA fans who deserve larger format prints of the maps.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

ChristophfromGermany

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 am

@Der Kuenstler,

you really deserve your nickname - this war room with this incredible map, the flags and war stuff is brilliant! But why did you choose a german nickname? »Der Kuenstler« means »The Artist« for all those not familiar with German.

And by the way: I like the idea of the colour coded tips of the ships - for beginners it is indeed not that easy to recognise the difference between cruisers and destroyers.

If there is anything left to beef up, I would suggest some painted infantry units.
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks Christoph - my last name is Lustick, from the German Lustig, so I have some German ancestry. I also enjoy art and like the book Art of War, so I named myself that.

There are a lot of painters over at AxisandAllies.org. I suppose I'll be doing that next - I've already painted some of the US P-38 planes.

Thank you for the kind words! If you are interested, a lot of the things I've made can now be downloaded here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind ... ic=34496.0

TheoMav

Post by TheoMav » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:02 am

Hello there!
I must compliment you on what you have done! Absolutely amazing! I agree with Christoph, your nom de guerre is truly apt! An artist indeed! I showed my wife & she was impressed too!
I have the "Mens Room" which is my garage converted to a games room for my sons & friends & me but not as good as yours! You have inspired me! Good stuff!

Theo :D

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Sat May 13, 2017 3:28 pm

I have a new youtube channel with a video tour of the war room here, some new additions:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4q5s ... X_8V6NyhvA

Hope all will subscribe!

nexus73

Post by nexus73 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:22 am

"War rooms" are fun! Unfortunately for space's sake, I live in an apartment so the interior has a "war" to decide what gets which space...LOL! Right now the radio collection is winning.

Rick
Bad dice happen. Blame the Russians...LOL!