Map printing?

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Cozmo

Map printing?

Post by Cozmo » Wed May 09, 2007 2:43 pm

So I see all these wonderful maps everyone creates, and some are large scale....

what is everyone printing these on? printing out a ton of 8.5X11 sheets then joining them seems to do an injustice to the quaility of the map files.

what do you guys print your maps on, and how do you store them once printed?

elbowmaster

poster paper...

Post by elbowmaster » Tue May 15, 2007 7:13 pm

Just one example:

you can buy a world map and draw in the lines. or I am sure some of these folks here could assist. I know the place I use was able to scan my map, and print to poster grade paper. To print it, is about 70 dollars. If you buy the world map its about 36 usd. Lamination of that size is about 55 bucks.

this is just one way of the many that people use. some were lucky enough to get it done for real cheap, due to a mistake at kinkos, but that is pretty rare to get a deal like that. some folks just print on 8.5 x 11 and tape them together...I guess it just depends what you want...

like anything else, you get what you pay for...

EM

Vader218

Game-grade material

Post by Vader218 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:40 am

Is there any way to get a "game-grade" custom board, like the AA ones? I'm just curious what the cost range would be for a mounted board with linen finish. I guess I'm more of a collector and demand high quality of the games that I play (don't like the cheap warping AA:Miniatures maps).