home made artwork

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Mimmo

home made artwork

Post by Mimmo » Mon May 21, 2007 8:46 am

Dear Members,

please find at the following link an artwork regarding my home made version of Axis & Allies.

http://www.siamdragontour.com/admin/mod ... educed.jpg

It would be a tribute to the great original game that's why I put in the upper right corner the Avalon Hill's logo.
From left to right: Bernard Law Montgomery (I really hate this guy but he was a very hard bone for us!), George Smith Patton Jr., Isoroku Yamamoto, Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel and Italo Balbo.
On the right side of the box: SS Tazzoli class, DD Bande Nere class, CG Zara class, CV Aquila and BB Littorio class.

Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 am

Mimmo, that is the best box art I have ever seen, I will print it out and glue it to my Revised box, thank you.

btw, didnt Italo Balbo die in aircraft crash in 1937, before the war started ?

Mimmo

Re: Italo Balbo

Post by Mimmo » Mon May 21, 2007 9:47 am

Dear adlertag,

Thank you for your reply.
Italo Balbo dead on June 28, 1940. Just 18 days after the Italian’s declaration of war against France and Great Britain.
He was killed while landing on the Italian airfield of Tobruk by the antiaircraft guns of San Giorgio cruiser.
Someone - and some members of his family - strongly believed that it was an assassination on Mussolini's orders.
I think that in Chicago should be a street in the name of Balbo as a memento of his transoceanic flight in the 1933 in occasion of the Century of Progress International Exposition helded in Chicago from 1933 to 1934.

Thanks and best regards.
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon May 21, 2007 12:31 pm

Aloha Mimmo!!

Nice to see you could make it to our party here ;)

Very nice work you have there! You will find most of us have the same passion for this "simple little game"

I just ordered a copy of NLF, one of Larrys original game series?? I am guessing, this copy is not in shrink wrap, so I will be able to share more of the components.

Again, welcome!!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 pm

WTF ? Your box art miss a russian general ?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon May 21, 2007 3:59 pm

I have their rules and map in PDF but they are in Italian. Are they going to be translated soon?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

GROGnads

For your considerations

Post by GROGnads » Mon May 21, 2007 9:04 pm

Hey Mimmo, if you do add on a "Soviet Commander" then I'd suggest "Zhukov" for this, as he did also manage to fight against BOTH the major Axis "powers"!
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Mimmo

Re: Italian rules

Post by Mimmo » Tue May 22, 2007 5:31 am

Imperious leader wrote:I have their rules and map in PDF but they are in Italian. Are they going to be translated soon?
>Are they going to be translated soon?

Dear Imperious leader,

at the moment - after a long studying session - I'm rewriting most of the my home made rules upgrading the game in a new version.
I would like to translate it in English also but - as I'm not English mother language - I'm not sure if I can translate the entire manual using corrects and propers words.

As I saw in the members list “mikeyb” is a professional translator, maybe he would help me translating the manual for me…

Anyway, when I will have finished it, I will send you a copy in a .pdf file.

Best regards.
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM