home made artwork

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:58 am

Great job, well done! :D

Maybe the Canadians could be present separately...

The map is great, by the way, what to do with the Free French forces that dont have a capital and industrial complex?

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:18 pm

Where did you see Mimo's map?

Ah, found it. Is there a specific date for this map?

Can't read the labels; what is that white territory in far west Africa?

Free French are really a part of the British army at this time.

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:12 am

>The map is great, by the way, what to do with the Free French forces that dont have a capital and industrial complex?
In my home made rules the Free French Forces will receive some infantry units turn by turn calculated on the historic numbers of Regiments and Division that join in the De Gaulle’s side (approximately the same management of the Chinese Divisions controlled by the American players in A&A Pacific). They will receive some tanks also later in the 1943 (approximately 8th turn in my game).
In the case the Allies will liberate the territory “France” where I put Paris as victory city and 1 minor industrial complex, the French (English player) will receive from the bank the ICP amount calculated on the formerly French territories at the moment under the Allies control. At this stage – in the following turn – the French can build unit in the France’s industrial complex (infantry, artillery, tanks, fighter only as it is a minor factory).

>Maybe the Canadians could be present separately...
I would like to manage separately UK, Canadian and Australian troops but I think it will be too difficult to implement this point in the game and on the map.

> Ah, found it. Is there a specific date for this map?
Yes, it is on March/April 1941. Here the games turn and first turn action:
- Italy: counter attack in Cyrenaica against the Britons.
- UK: hunting the Bismarck (that have its own painted miniature) in the North Atlantic, attack the Italian East Africa (Battle of Cheren) invasion of the Vicy French Madagascar (Operation Ironclad).
- Germany: sunk some British convoy in North Atlantic by the U-Boats beginning the Barbarossa Operation.
- Russian: try to stop the German's invasion e rebuild a defensive second line.
- Japan: attack on Hong Kong, Singapore, Pearl Harbour, etc...
- USA: join into the war.

> Can't read the labels; what is that white territory in far west Africa?
It is the neutral Rio de Oro, I read in another thread a discussion about this territory.

Dear Dragon81 I really like your avatar :)
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:49 am

Thanks I like it too :D

I alwayes loved the italian fighters with desert pattern.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:13 am

Yes, if you look at a 1940s map you'll see that, like Nuclear, you've put Rio de Oro in the wrong place. It is the western part of the Sahara desert.
I would also suggest dividing that large African territory into British West Africa and French Equatorial Africa.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:43 am

Mimmo wrote:>In my home made rules the Free French Forces will receive some infantry units turn by turn calculated on the historic numbers of Regiments and Division that join in the De Gaulle’s side (approximately the same management of the Chinese Divisions controlled by the American players in A&A Pacific). They will receive some tanks also later in the 1943 (approximately 8th turn in my game).
In the case the Allies will liberate the territory “France” where I put Paris as victory city and 1 minor industrial complex, the French (English player) will receive from the bank the ICP amount calculated on the formerly French territories at the moment under the Allies control. At this stage – in the following turn – the French can build unit in the France’s industrial complex (infantry, artillery, tanks, fighter only as it is a minor factory).
The reinforcement units each turn is a good idea, would be better if they came from somewhere like they did from the lend lease program of US to Free French Forces.

The same to the Chinese but these have their own industrial complex and capital in Chingqing.

Another thing that could be done is to give a unit (or more) to Free french (that belonged to Vichy) for each territory they take (with Allied help or not) from Vichy hands. That way we were simulating the switch sides from Vichy to Free France as it happened in territories like French Morocco and others.