my Axis & Allies Total War

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:47 am

>So is this thing for sale or you offering it as a free download ( the map)?

Dear Imperious leader,
at the moment I have no plan to sell my game but I will be glad to offer the map as free down load.
The problem is that I don't know where I can upload the file for download as it is around 60 Mb in the printable version.
Maybe if you are interesting I can burn a CD and send it to you. Just let me know what you think.

Best regards, ciao.
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Home based refineries were very important to Japan. Having taken over oil producing regions they still had to carry it to Japan to be refined. Sinking these tankers was a major part of US strategy, resulting in Japan having plenty of aircraft, but little fuel to put them in the air (and no trained pilots by 1945).
So yes, if you decide to have oil production the refining process has to be included, but as I suggested countries poor in oil, particularly Germany and Italy, had to produce synthetic oil whose plants in turn became targets for Allied bombing.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:37 pm

Mimmo:

upload it at:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/

it will take this size file.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:11 am

Mimmo, thats a great map. Its printed on cardboard? Did you printed all in one part or separeted parts? and glass uppon?

Whats the size of the map? I ask all this because Im doing one of my own and its 200 cm X 100 cm and its going quite nice with the bottom of the ocean and right now Im finishing the territory borders... lots of work as you surely know. lol

Im creating almost ALL coutries in the world at that time but I dont know about some like belgium and netherlands because that way Germany has lots of adjacent territories to defend... ( France, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands... ) and the UK is a one territory...

Also, Chinese and Russian territories are quite hard to define as I dont want tiny bits and moscow shouldnt be ready available for Germany...

I want naval bases. I dont want lots of them but I want really bases and not ports so these places can repair Battleships. I included some already:

Taranto
Toulon
Plymouth or Portsmouth

Constanta ?
Brest ?

Scapa Flow
Algiers
Oran
Bizerte/Tunis
Alexandria
Trincomalee
Port Sudan
Massawa
Sevastopol

Tripoli?
Tobruk?

Beirut

Trondheim
Narvik

Bergen?

Norfolk
Jacksonville
Pearl Harbour

S. Francisco?
San Diego?
Seattle?

more to be added to Japan and some other countries.

The airfields I dont think I'll add as I suppose that even every island or group of islands has at least one airfield.

Finally Ill add railroads that join territories as well as important roads (Burma road, Persian Corridor and others... ) for supply rules.

I'll post some photos here (if I can) very soon. The startup date is 1942.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:08 pm

Mimmo: you know you can translate the file all in one shot by using an online (internet) translator from Italian to English.. I would be willing to repair any grammatical inaccuracies so that other can enjoy your creation.

Also have one question: why do the Japanese carriers have 3 planes and 2 of them at 45 degree angles, with the third at a different angle? Do they have different types of planes?

email what you got and i can get to work. I understand you have limited time.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:53 pm

Try e-mailing the file Elbowmaster and he might find a wayto upload the files in some form.
Mimmo wrote:>So is this thing for sale or you offering it as a free download ( the map)?

Dear Imperious leader,
at the moment I have no plan to sell my game but I will be glad to offer the map as free down load.
The problem is that I don't know where I can upload the file for download as it is around 60 Mb in the printable version.
Maybe if you are interesting I can burn a CD and send it to you. Just let me know what you think.

Best regards, ciao.
Mimmo

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 pm

If I use gray for Italian Territory...what should I use for Neutral counties? Any suggestions? white? :)

By the way, Corsica was occupied by german frces or italian?

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:34 pm

White is for Japan, yellow for Neutrals.

Corsica:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Em ... nd_Corsica