Battle of the North Atlantic

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks Flashman

One zone I did notice something different about:

That one being Djibouti. To my knowledge from other maps I have looked, it is French Somalia. So far I have changed the name for the spot.

As for division in Eastern Africa, the only reason I never did it, is because I really do not the zones/areas that would be there. I found a lot of history maps about the Italian African sections but not any with the British.

Perhaps you can give me an insight as to, how I should divide Eastern Africa.

Other than that thanks, and I will be renaming African zones to make them better.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:04 am

You are correct about French Somalia.

BEA can simply be divided into Kenya, Uganda and Tanganyika following modern boundaries (see the Africa map I linked). Zanzibar can be added as an island if you wish.

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Flashman wrote:You are correct about French Somalia.

BEA can simply be divided into Kenya, Uganda and Tanganyika following modern boundaries (see the Africa map I linked). Zanzibar can be added as an island if you wish.
Thanks.

I already have Kenya and Uganda. I guess a better question, is how do I divide Sudan to make it harder for Italy to capture Egypt and link together its African Empire.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:30 pm

I divide it roughly east-west, with the western territory (Darfur) a desert, though this should not cut the eastern part off from French Equatorial Africa.

This map of "Districts" might offer a suggestion for a 3 part Sudan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Suda ... ul2006.png

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Divided up Sudan to make it so that Italy cannot connect its empire on turn 1 by conquering Sudan.

Still thinking of adding more IPCs to Africa. Just have to figure it out more.

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 pm

Okay, Updated Map. Link updated in orginial post. And here is the same link in case you do not want to go back to the first post:

Map

Notice new Roundels for USSR and USA. Also Sudan has been divided to make it harder for Italy to Unite its African Empire.

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:11 am

Dear Nuclear,
there is only a small mistake in the north part of Italy, in fact Milan it is the capital of Lombardy region.
You can call the western territory of Italy "Piedmont" or Turin giving it the name of the most important industrial hub in north Italy - with Milan - where the FIAT (our main industry) has its head quarter.

Another point - but this is my own opinion - I really dislike the italian roundel. It is also not historical accurate. It reflect our current flag but - during the WWII - was a Kingdom. You can check the state flag and coat of arms at the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of ... %931946%29

Or just put there the Regia Aeronautica roundel as I did in my map and I think it looks good.
Regia Aeronautica:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regia_Aeronautica

Ciao, ciao.
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:19 am

Mimmo wrote:Dear Nuclear,
there is only a small mistake in the north part of Italy, in fact Milan it is the capital of Lombardy region.
You can call the western territory of Italy "Piedmont" or Turin giving it the name of the most important industrial hub in north Italy - with Milan - where the FIAT (our main industry) has its head quarter.

Another point - but this is my own opinion - I really dislike the italian roundel. It is also not historical accurate. It reflect our current flag but - during the WWII - was a Kingdom. You can check the state flag and coat of arms at the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of ... %931946%29

Or just put there the Regia Aeronautica roundel as I did in my map and I think it looks good.
Regia Aeronautica:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regia_Aeronautica

Ciao, ciao.
Mimmo
Thanks for the comments Mimmo.

Thanks for telling me about the Milan/Lombardy thing. I should correct that. Just have to decide if I like the name Lombardy over Milan.

As for the Roundel, I have tried the Fasict thing with the 3 axes, but cannot say that I really liked it. Something about the color white does not seem to work so good with my map when it is in a big amount. I will see what I can do about that though.