Dagon's map

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Dagon81

Dagon's map

Post by Dagon81 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:09 am

Some pictures of my map (still in development)

The countries in Arabian Peninsula aren't there yet.
No sea zones anywhere yet.

The reason why I cant/mustnt use blue for china is that France is blue already.
Egypt will be neutral but with UK permission to use territory.
Corsica is already changed and in Italian hands in the orginal.

This is a very shaded version of the map...works well for the US but Canada is rather confusing.

Staghound

Post by Staghound » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:36 am

Looks very promising, Dagon81.

Excellent work.

About the Arabian Peninsula:

You can stick to my map if you like.
It's all verified.

Take care,

Staghound

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:59 am

Yes, I verified also and your Arabian peninsula is right. We could even add Bahrain but that would be too much... Luxembourg...Andorra and others would protest! lololol :D

My problem now is to decide the start date... I want immediatly after Pearl Harbour but before Brazil and many other Latin american countries joined the U.S.

The problem with that is Japan wont have much territory and will seem like A&A Pacific with the start of the invasions.

If I try a 1942 date the problem will be the exact month... cause at any time many campaigns were undergoing and many territories were not conquered totally...

Staghound

Post by Staghound » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:19 pm

I would say: let the game begin right after Pearl Harbor, with the US joining the war.

IMO that's a clear point to start.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:52 pm

I decided on the exact date of June 1st 1942 for my main map. This gives:

Axis high-point: Japan almost at it's greatest expansion including Burma and Solomons, Germany just minus Don area.

Phillipines secured by Japan, U.S. (MacArthur) established in Australia which effectively comes under U.S. control.

Desert war line pretty much stable at Libya/Egypt border.

Central America and Caribbean at war but NOT mainland South America (Brazil declared war August '22).

There are one or two anomalies; Madagascar, Crimea, Canton area in China.

So the game starts on the eve of the Midway campaign, and with Germany gearing up for Operation Blue (drive into Don/Volga/Caucasus).
I therefore have turn order - Jap, USA, Ger, USSR, Ita, UK

Dagon81 wrote:
My problem now is to decide the start date... I want immediatly after Pearl Harbour but before Brazil and many other Latin american countries joined the U.S.

The problem with that is Japan wont have much territory and will seem like A&A Pacific with the start of the invasions.

If I try a 1942 date the problem will be the exact month... cause at any time many campaigns were undergoing and many territories were not conquered totally...

Chairman

Post by Chairman » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Dagon81, Halelujah!!!!! :D :D :D :D !!!!!
I COULD KISS YOU!!!!

That is one of the best portrayals of China in almost any AA map I have ever seen (other than my own). The provinces are almost perfect (only minor inaccuracies that really don't matter). Oh! It't Beautiful!

Concerning colors: France really should be LIGHT blue, given their uniforms and such.

On the date: after May 1941, France had lost Syria and Italy had lost East Africa. But France still had Madagascar until Nov. 1942.

Flashman, this is what I was talking about on your 20 Points thread. An excellent example of what even a small effort can accomplish. Dagon81 took some time to find out what China actually looked like at the time and created his map accordingly. Good for you, Dagon!

Chairman

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:00 pm

I can't see China here...

Anyway India needs the same treatment. Here is the best map I can find online: Good luck. :D

http://www.terra.es/personal7/jqvaraderey/193447id.gif

Chairman, which map is yours and have I reviewed it?

Like to know what YOUR China looks like.

Chairman

Post by Chairman » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:22 pm

Wow! Flashman, now THAT is a MAP! where did you find that beauty?

No, you haven't seen my maps yet because I haven't posted them yet. This is because I am still new and not very savvy about posting images yet ( :cry: :cry: ). Any help would be very appreciated.

Chairman