Axis & Allies Total War: map 2.0

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Mimmo

Axis & Allies Total War: map 2.0

Post by Mimmo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:06 am

Waiting for the release of Axis & Allies Anniversary I have now completed the final version of my custom map.

As I said in some previous post, the dimensions are 2,44 x 1,20 mt. (96.1 x 47.2 inch), the installation is fixed and mounted plant remains stable here in our office.
Nothing prohibits to realize another versione in three separate panels so that it can be dismantled and placed somewhere where necessary.

I made completely with Photoshop, although perhaps it would have been better as a vector CorelDraw, but the result seems good the same.
For printing we turned to a digital printing press in Phuket Town, we did print on a single roll of paper of good quality (type paper poster or photographic), the cost was 3,500 Baht which are about 100 US Dollars. A little 'expensive if you consider the cost of an Axis & Allies original box but the result it worth it ...

An abridged version for viewing videos can be seen at the following address:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jsui5llgsiy

Some notes:
-- As already said the plant base is born as a tribute to Revised, Europe and Pacific, then certain aspects of the map recall a merger of these three games, however, implemented with a greater number of territories and a better division of sea areas;
-- Were kept routes of convoys, ports and airports;
-- The immense Russian front offers 8 territories border with the Greater German Reich instead of the 4 as seen in Anniversary to ensure tactics more varied and more operated (before a definitive draw I studied thoroughly all first phases and moves opening of Operation Barbarossa);
-- The basic concept is that of a political map with contours of the continents deformed to give space and game play hottest areas of the globe (I tried to enlarge Europe as much as possible without compromising the aesthetic appearance of the map);
-- The British Empire has in fact three separate capital cities that follow the normal basic rules of the game are: London, Delhi and Sydney;
-- Play begins in'41 just after Operation Compass then Tobruk and Cyrenaica have just fallen into British hands;
-- Poetic license: the Eastern Italian territories were divided into the various provinces to give some more territory to Italy in order to bring a little 'more action in this zone of the board;
-- Soviet territories of the Far East are left deliberately broad, compared for example to the territories of Central Europe, to give more playability in all cases in our policies there is a non-aggression pact Russo-Japanese may be broken or not in accordance with the dictates of that regulation, so it is not granted that Japan attacks behind the USSR, so it's a move we are trying to avoid to stay in a historical context more truthful;
-- Are also the territories remained faithful to Vichy France (administered by the Greater German Reich) and those faithful to the forces of Free France De Gaulle (administered by British Empire).

I hope you will like it!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Post by 03321 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:45 pm

London's missing a flag. :P

Looks good, though. Nice job. Frightening to navigate 168 sea zones. :O

Mimmo

Post by Mimmo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:19 am

Yes indeed I added more sea zones in order to implement the tactics and naval movements.
For example with this map a convoy that sailing from the United States to Europe is forced to stay one game turn on the high seas subject of hunting German submarines and intercepting aircraft based on the coastal territories. The games are obviously longer but to us it does not matter because the game is always fixed mounted here in the office.

The Union Jack was regularly placed on the territory containing London, thank you!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web