axis & allies picture of the day or week

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:16 pm

yes, its hard not to admire the quality of the ghq line...

as far as the transports, they are at least better, IMO only, then the original MB ones...its not much harder to make a more detailed mold...we only hope all this visual has rubbed off on larry for him to insist on a higher quality mold...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:24 am

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:43 am

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:47 am

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:14 pm

Is that one of these " Hollow" ships from GHQ? Do you agree thay are a bit large especially compared to the game pieces?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:16 pm

yes, this a GHQ Battleship North Dakota...they are too large imo only...perhaps on the mega DMA8 map (the KING of all topo maps)...ive written that company asking for them to produce a scale line that matches the scale of what we now are provided with in our axis & allies games that we buy today...they replied with a forward to the ghq design team which basically states future consideration...that company matches at least to what we have seen to the detail we like, the armor alone speaks for itself...the cost is rather high though, which is a slight market weakness...but there is a less cost solution in the CinC line, though less detail...the scale of aircraft we found, though nice, lacks the attention that GHQ puts in their line as far as detail...but at least provides more aircraft options for our "cannibalized" games... ;)
Last edited by elbowmaster on Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:23 pm

Very nice map, indeed, herr I.

Just what I have been looking for. Do you sell it separately ?

About the ip values, where did you take them from ?

At least the values between Ge, UK and Fr. was right. Germany produced as much as UK and France together. But leting Finland have more value than Sweden was a little on the edge. Agricultural 4 mill. Finns have more value than industrialized 7 mill. Swedes with 5 % of worlds iron resources ?

The same goes for Malaysia, delivering 50 % of -39's rubber production, and oil-fields in Borneo and Burma, all this have lower value than agricultural Siam, or some mountain province in Faraway China ?

You do know that Volga district delivered 60 % of Sovjets production in -39 ?

But this is not importent, I just need the plastic pieces that AH refuse to deliver, and my pencil can always improve any map.