axis & allies picture of the day or week

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:42 am

Blair

Post by Blair » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:46 am

do you guys also incorporate light/medium/heavy tanks? or is it all just one "tank" but you use different models?

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:57 am

for us, a tank is a tank, is a tank...

weve experimented with german and russian tanks at 3/3/2 cost 5, while the commonwealth and us forces use a 3/2/2 cost 5 tank, and japan uses a 2/2/2 5 ipc tank...

there has been argument that the scale of the game shouldnt allow this, but it actually works pretty cool, and its a nice change when your looking for one...we have even used xenos setup costs, where ipc cost values are different as well...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:42 pm

yes i use light tanks which can lend +1 movement for each paired infantry unit, while i got tank destroyers that have an attack modifier against mobile armor units, plus a heavy tank unit that represents a stronger armor unit ( most nations had specialized stronger armor units or the potential to make such units).
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:45 pm

Armor: Armor units may “blitz” and move into two enemy territories if the first territory is vacant.

Tank destroyer: +4 die modifier against attacks on armored (class 2) units that move at least three spaces (Armor and Tanks). All hits must be taken from defenders class 2 units first.

Heavy Armor: They have increased fighting power than a regular armor unit.

Guards Tank: Russia can build these elite Armor formations.

Panzer Grenadiers: A heavier form of mechanized infantry and can be redeployed at ½ an SR point.

S.S. Panzer Armor: These are the elite armor units of the German Army. Can be redeployed at the cost of ½ an SR point.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Der Panzinator

MicroArmor tank special

Post by Der Panzinator » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:30 am

In case anyone is interested in a good deal for some nice tanks. Go to CinC's website and they are running an Axis & Allies tank special. :D

You get 10 tanks from each of the 5 countries for $30. It may still sound like a lot but that is actually about half the regular price. You get US Sherman, German PZIV, British Matilda, Russian T34, and Japan Type 97 Chi-Ha tanks.

Here is the link:
http://www.pfc-cinc.com/catalog/item/721915/335154.htm

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:33 am

yep i got 2 of those sets. they are nice indeed. Thats one of the things i wish these companys did was to create entire sets of pieces for these games so we can paint them up real nice, like we do allready. :lol:

Der Panzinator

MicroArmor

Post by Der Panzinator » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:45 am

Well, this is a little unrelated since its more of a MicroArmor miniatures game. But it does have some cool tanks. Modern era M1A1's and T72's, but still cool.

I made the hills from styrofoam and the houses are paper that I found on the net. The trees are actually pipe cleaners from a hobby store called bump chenille. You cut them on the bulge and top them and they make great pine trees. 8)