War Room II - the sequel...

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
marten

Re: War Room II - the sequel...

Post by marten » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:49 pm

I really like the convoy box symbols (and the simplified convoy rules). Any change of sharing this map as a download?

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:15 am

marten wrote:I really like the convoy box symbols (and the simplified convoy rules). Any change of sharing this map as a download?
Thanks marten - Imperious Leader allowed me to adapt his map only for my personal use, so no downloads available - sorry!

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 am

More room additions...

My first attempt at a diorama. In this scene a German column takes a break while moving through France - 1944.

Just some more ambience for the room.

Another addition - I've added a German MP40 replica - its actually a plastic airsoft gun. I painted it black and dry brushed it with steel enamel - looks pretty real for display I think.

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:51 am

More additions -

This map is 58" X 34" and is heavily modded from Imperious Leader's 1942 version with his permission. It has 20+ provinces added and every province has a value.

European side....

Pacific side...

All neutrals have their own country marker like Portugal here...

I found this old time radio at a moving sale. I put my speakers inside it from a computer that plays streaming internet '40s music.

Wooden chip holders. One for each side table. Much better than stacking them. You can buy them at Michaels - they have lids on them. I cut them in half to the right depth and stained them.

Found these camo calculators at the back to school section at Wal-mart...

Built and added a Puma 234 scout car to the diorama...

Found a British Paratrooper on E-bay...

It's funny - the room has sort of started decorating itself. My guys that play are adding to it now. One guy got me this pack of aircraft ID cards on his vacation...

His brother got me this Panzer Parking sign...

Also this WWII tank ID poster, which I had to put on the back of the door because the walls are full!

He even built this white "surrender" flag. The wood marker at the base can be turned to say "Axis" or "Allies" - the surrender flag is presented to the winners.

And of course in a room like this you've got to have some little green army men. It's how most of us got started, isn't it? I remember digging little foxholes for these guys as a kid in my backyard and lighting firecrackers under them. (it was before video games!)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Nice set up!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

LyrandisX

Post by LyrandisX » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Nice board, I wish I could see it in better detail, but I can understand why IL would be against it

I do wish to play it with you though IRL

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 pm

I'm for it, not against it. WTH
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 pm

LOL - I asked IL last year if I could adapt his map for my personal use - he agreed. He never said he was against me putting it up for the public - I never actually asked him that, so I haven't done it. There are house rules incorporated into my map - I doubt the general public would have a use for it anyway.