My Map

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
master_cyan

Post by master_cyan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:27 am

Nuclear wrote:I do not see how your post is contributing to the betterment of this community. All you are doing is bashing my rough draft map. And further if you do not like it, then do not play it or use it. No one is forcing you to use it or even look at it.

I find it funny how someone is making fun of a rough draft map. Really what does this serve?

And further I have every right to not post my better maps. As soon as I would post them, people would download them for free. I prefer to keep my work for myself. I do not owe anyone here anything.
Flashman wrote:Damn!

I was planning a vast commercial operation based on the idea of moving Bavaria on to the Hungarian plains...

and having FOUR Rio de Oros on the same map...

Seriously, if you've posted new improved maps elsewhere do provide a link, as I'm sure this will not make them Larry's property.

And I'm dying to see which continent you've put Moscow in this time...how about slap bang in the middle of Antarctica?
why did you goand piss him off flashman? he now feels unappreciated and won't share his work. i mean if you look at all the time i put into my modern axis and allies version, and now my historical game. i post here for anyone's use and am glad to be able to create something others will like. also you will be able to create ea much better final product if you are peer reviewed. i'm sorry for flashman's assholiness but most members are very thankful and welcome any work you post. many know how hard it is to do something like that and would not look at your contribution lightly.
"I would not fear a pack of lions led by a sheep, but I would always fear a flock of sheep led by a lion"-alexander the great

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Why is it my fault? I genuinely like looking at other people's maps; but I can't help commenting if I feel they could be improved with more attention to historical accuracy. It's my particulat take that I don't want to play on a map of the world that patently doesn't LOOK like a map of the world; a little geographical distortion here and there is fine, but that horrible long corridor of grey territory pointing towards Moscow-in-Borat's-back-garden is more than I can take.

As you say, posting early versions here gives people the chance to make constructive comments and suggestions. I'm always ready to post my humble efforts, and if others copy them for their own use I'm very happy to have been of help to them. Anyone is most welcome, and any positive suggestions will be taken on board; I've already modified my map to accomodate suggestions made by Imperious Leader, so I don't know what Nuke is so hypersensitive about.

master_cyan

Post by master_cyan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:49 pm

just to tell you flashman Siberia should be too cold, not to cold. :wink:
"I would not fear a pack of lions led by a sheep, but I would always fear a flock of sheep led by a lion"-alexander the great

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:46 pm

master_cyan wrote:just to tell you flashman Siberia should be too cold, not to cold. :wink:
Bah!

And I thought I'd finally got everything right with this map.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:22 pm

you forgot to add more ports. we need 10,000 of them no less..

please add lots of **************************

and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

for additional flavor.

Lastly, make all the black lines around the territories about 1 inch thick ( about 3 times as thick as they need to be.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:45 pm

Have you been spying on me? That's exactly what I was planning to do.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Replace Soviet Union with a large *

and replace Switzerland with ^ and *
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:00 pm

I'm also adding some #s and a few @s, so it's going to be quite a squeeze for the Swiss...