A&A Global Map

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Caractacus

Re: A&A Global Map

Post by Caractacus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Very nice work. It's nice that you have helped the map whilst resisting wholesale changes...that takes willpower!

However, sorting out the 'United Kingdom' and 'Scotland' which is just breathtakingly bad (which two Crowns were united again?) spaces into either 'England and Wales' and 'Scotland' or 'South Britain' and 'North Britain' would be good.
Caractacus.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Craig A Yope wrote:
Dave wrote:
bradley8118 wrote:very nice work Dave, I imagine that was more then a few hours of fun.
Yea, that is one way to say it. It was about seven weeks to get it cut up, scanned, and put back together with Photoshop. Then a few more before I had it printed. Lots and lots of late nights after the kids went to bed in order for me to do this. Not fun, but I am definitely enjoying it now. :D
That blurry-eyed look the next morning that the wife gives you hell about! :wink:

"How late did you stay up last night on the computer? More stuff for that game? How many times are you going to refight that war?" :roll:

It's all good now! :mrgreen:
Hmmm, you seem to have had a very similar experience to mine at some point in your past. In particular on a Friday and Saturday night as I was approaching the end of my trial version of Photoshop I stayed up until 4am and 2am to frantically finish it. Yea, talk about my wife not having any sympathy for me since she is in a dental residency program currently while I found time for "my game".

I always I tell her I could take up drinking at bars instead of this if it would make her feel any better. :lol:

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Caractacus wrote:Very nice work. It's nice that you have helped the map whilst resisting wholesale changes...that takes willpower!

However, sorting out the 'United Kingdom' and 'Scotland' which is just breathtakingly bad (which two Crowns were united again?) spaces into either 'England and Wales' and 'Scotland' or 'South Britain' and 'North Britain' would be good.

Thank you for the complement Cractacus. I had no idea so many people had so many different contentions with the map. There were many, many people who commented to me along the way about needing to change this or that. At first I entertained the idea of doing some of them, but it became obvious to me early on that was not a route I wanted to take. I tired to correct official errata and not too much more.

(Tongue-in-cheek....) If you would like, I could give you directions on how to make the changes to the map yourself.

First, start by cutting up your map board so it fits on your scanner..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Nice job Dave! 8)
-The evil Bert & friend

gilatrout

Post by gilatrout » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:50 am

Nice work. Couple of questions.

Can you make the *.psd or whatever photoshop file you used available for others to use?

What printer/paper/format did you use to print this? It looks better than simple copy paper.

Thanks
_________
Fish worship... Is it wrong?

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:42 pm

gilatrout wrote:Nice work. Couple of questions.

Can you make the *.psd or whatever photoshop file you used available for others to use?

What printer/paper/format did you use to print this? It looks better than simple copy paper.

Thanks
I will not distribute my file. I had asked Wizards for copyright permission to share this file and they said no. End of story for that one.

As for printing it, I dealt with a business that deals in signage. They printed it on a self adhesive, matte finish, laminated vinyl. If you need more specific information than that, feel free to PM me.

Dave

Dr. Shades

Post by Dr. Shades » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:09 am

Dave, your sheer awesomeness knows NO BOUNDS!

Just getting the convoy zones to actually show up was worth the price of admission.

Zallomallo0

Post by Zallomallo0 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Dave wrote:
gilatrout wrote:Nice work. Couple of questions.

Thanks
I will not distribute my file. I had asked Wizards for copyright permission to share this file and they said no. End of story for that one.

As for printing it, I dealt with a business that deals in signage. They printed it on a self adhesive, matte finish, laminated vinyl. If you need more specific information than that, feel free to PM me.

Dave
Petition time!