Mech Inf

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:53 pm

The motorized unit represents the lighter armor often "recon" collection of armored cars, trucks, halftracks,transports, light tanks that were integreated into whole divisions. For germans you have indicated they are panzer grenadiers (halftrack id their symbol) , Russia has what they called Guard mechanized infantry (halftrack or truck). United states army was largely mechanized (they use halftracks too). UK had some armored brigades , commandos, royal marines, whichever ( they get light tank or modified halftrack) .Italy had their Celere divisions which were beefed up mechanized units (halftrack) Japan surely has no similiar units, however its also true they didnt have "halftracks" . I propose they get trucks or light tanks to become the mold to be used. This unit is really the combination of lighter armor divisions and better infantry units. A unit between an armor and infantry .. a true hybrid of the two.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:21 pm

so mobile/motorized/mechanized infantry is a better term for this new unit...

i totally want the bicycle unit for the japanese mobile infantry unit !!

thats classic ;)

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:27 am

comments noted
Keep an "i" on Elbow//////

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:29 am

http://www.qt.org/worldwar/weapons/japan/ija/index.html

how about this for the Japanese Mech? Check the Armored Personnel Carrier...
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:32 pm

hmm looks kinda strange.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

dezrtfish

Post by dezrtfish » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:25 pm

First off let me say the idea of Mech Inf is great. I would sugest ther be a bonus to armor supported by Mech, similar to the artillary bonus for Inf.

Also as far as the name, I always thought of Motorized Infantry as being in trucks and Mechanized to be in Half tracks. Probably just me though.

I personaly prefer Mechanized.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:14 pm

Thanks dezrtfish and welcome to the site.
That’s an interesting idea – a bonus for combined armor/Inf. That was probably going to happen with Combined-Arms

The Old Soldier

Post by The Old Soldier » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 am

I'm all for mech. infantry. I think the combination of combine arms and blitzing in the manner of tanks should be enough.

( the question is should mech inf + armor equal a bonus for combined arms or should it be mech or inf + armor +artillery to recieve the bonus? I prefer the three with extra air counting as a replacement for any of the basic three) See combined arms for more details in what I'm thinking.

Sean