Ports

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:05 pm

Comment noted
TMTM - I don't think I want to have ports serve as IC's in any form or manner

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:31 pm

Posted in Naval Combat:

Maybe Ports should be built then? And now their importance is that they are necessary when preforming an Amphibious Assault (making it necessary to take this Island to go to this one and so on...)

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:19 pm

Ports have been around for many years prior to the war. You cant just make a port and start building ships and have the ships all ready to fight in 2 turns. An established port is created over a very long time. Id advise just have historical naval ports printed on map like a/a pacific.easy
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:43 pm

ports are victory objectives as well...

will they be in VC territories??? or near them??? 2 ports = VC ???

if they get the special non combat movement of 3, we need to have a larger atlantic...no???

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:09 pm

places like calcutta,sidney,san diego, Hawaii, probably Tokyo which was not a naval harbor, portsmouth, antwerp, plus say alexandra, tobruk, plus many others are victory cities as well as ports. Each could have a seperate value, but i like what they did in avalon hills Third Reich. One of the bast games ever made. The victory cities and ports in that game are what id like to see here.Flawless.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

SkyPilot

Post by SkyPilot » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:30 am

Imperious leader wrote:i like what they did in avalon hills Third Reich. One of the bast games ever made. The victory cities and ports in that game are what id like to see here.Flawless.
Could you explain how they worked for those of us who don't own this game? Then we can actually expand on it's system...

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:18 pm

Comments noted
I don't think ports should have anything to do with victory criteria
/////