Italy

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
direct_memory_access

Post by direct_memory_access » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:33 pm

All information, including but not limited to, documents, images, rules or rule sets, or discussions received or posted by Harris Game Design or posted by visitors to this website shall be considered to be the sole property of Harris Game Design.
Last edited by direct_memory_access on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:37 pm

yes but the flags are more acurate and detailed. In a sence they are due to be upgraded and to rehash out the same old emblems in every game gets old. We have to spice things up!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

direct_memory_access

Post by direct_memory_access » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:34 pm

Spice things up? This is war game based in a certain era. You use the military symbols of that era. It makes sense.

Some spice could be cooler looking image units and a better looking map.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:38 am

These military symbols were not round, they were flags and icons. Never were they presented in a round format.So the make things more military i guess you would support this idea-
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:03 pm

My five-player map for AAE is now up for Italy fans:

http://www.bggfiles.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=8479

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:02 pm

Ahh good colors. Soviets are a bit too "rusty" brown. perhaps a slightly lighter shade with less chocolate. Otherwise good job.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:05 pm

Interesting stab at convoy zones. Probably too many. Nice job however – thanks for sharing this.

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:17 pm

Feel free to use this idea Larry. Italy would divided into 6 zones. Sicily, Northern Italy, Rome, Naples, Southern Italy, and Sardinia. In Northern Italy is the Alps, and inbetween Rome and Naples would be a hill range. These terrian effects would increase the defensive values for Italian units and German units there. It would also slow down Ally movements on the Italian pensiula. Just thought I would throw that out there.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.