Start up Money

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Start up Money

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:08 pm

comments about Start up Money...
larry wrote:Start up Money: Each player (each side actually) will be given a discretionary fund to purchase additional unscripted set up units. This will probably be around 12 IPC’s. They can be spent of saved. The are divided up according to the wishes of the combined allied forces.
Last edited by elbowmaster on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:25 pm

Hmm. I guess this as close to a free style set up thats available. Id like this to be increased to about 30 IP , while the starting set up will be minimal. That way its will save time on set up, plus allow the player to effect the wars start. The builds would have to be not to much or too little. Idea is a surprise. When germanyand japan started the war we really didnt know that they totally violated the treaty that they had signed in years past. For japan is was the 5/5/3 treaty on warship builds, and germany had the varsailles treaty. WE need to maintain the uncertainty of war. 12 IP is not enough to make any difference that will even make such a rule necessary.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:36 pm

really hard to say without knowing the setup as to what the ultimate playout of this rule, i do know that in europe, at least with the folks i gamed with, 4 inf for russia and 4 inf for germany was our normal placement event, even when we reversed it, have the allies place 1st, maybe once or twice it was different, then back to the 4 inf for russia, 4 for germany, placed in the same spot each game...

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Comments noted

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:11 am

This might be a good idea.

You could put some rules to it... maybe only spend it and build in any of your IC's not just any where...

or you could spend it on anything and place it anywhere but secretly... only to be reveal after the first turn. You could write them down on a top secret orders form.

Then add a spy roll that would cost ya kinda like a weapons dev.. if you get it... you get to see where those units are.

adlertag

Re: Start up Money

Post by adlertag » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:50 am

larry wrote:Start up Money: Each player (each side actually) will be given a discretionary fund to purchase additional unscripted set up units. This will probably be around 12 IPC’s. They can be spent of saved. The are divided up according to the wishes of the combined allied forces.
Adlertag agree, thank you Larry.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:06 pm

Comments noted

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:46 pm

or you could have different buying packages that are on cards or you roll a 10 die for which on you get and have the packages posted in the rule book... that way there are some varient ways the game could begin instead of have "your " standard purchase...

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...